Selling My Camera*edited Price Drop*

With it I have the 50 1.8.I also have a flash but it got dropped and the battery lid doesn't clip shut.

Seems to work fine.The camera also comes with battery charger,canon bag and I do also have two (the exact same) of the smaller of the kit lens, 18-55 3.5-5.6.

Can seperate the items. Camera on its own for $350.50mm 1.8 Lens for $100.

I'm looking at $450 or offers for all, either here or pm me if interested.

OH wants me to sell this before purchase of new camera, help me out!

Edited by chelle~aussie~dragon

Thanks guys...I wasn't too sure.

Maybe its not even worth selling the 50mm if I have to go too low.Just sell the camera with 18-55 lens instead?

While I'm asking questions what would you pay for a secondhand 5D, no lens?

Yes, the lens might be worth keeping. I would have thought a 350D lens would be compatible with a 500D camera. I'm no expert though but that's how the old lens systems worked. Maybe find out before you part with it.

edted to make more sense!

Edited by LabTested

Thanks guys...I wasn't too sure.

Maybe its not even worth selling the 50mm if I have to go too low.Just sell the camera with 18-55 lens instead?

While I'm asking questions what would you pay for a secondhand 5D, no lens?

Yes, the lens might be worth keeping. I would have thought a 350D lens would be compatible with a 500D camera. I'm no expert though but that's how that's the old lens systems to work. Maybe find out before you part with it.

Thankyou LabTested, thats a great help!

Thanks everyone for your advise, have no problem being told if my price range is out of wack...something is only worth what someone wants to pay for it.

Next step will be convincing someone that a step up in camera while still having the old one isn't being silly.

I used to have a 350D. I can't remember what I sold it for but I sold it when the 450D was the only model after it. There has been the 550 and 1000 since then I think. I check ebay to see what camera bodies go for. Here are some 350Ds on ebay (not in Autralia though)

http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_tr...-All-Categories

My husband just paid $950 for a brand new 50D body with warranty from an Australian company for me (I haven't used it yet, just had a play with the settings (I have a 30D but not selling it)). I think the 60D is out or about to be released? Do a search on ebay for prices for a 5D too. Not saying this is how to do a price comparison, but it will give you a gist on what stuff is going for.

I agree re the 50mm. I got mine brand new for about $100 (and I hardly use the thing thankfully so glad it wasn't too much :laugh: ).

eta: Canon 5D body on ebay atm with a week to go on bidding. Add this to your watch list to see what it ends up selling for. It also depends on condition too of course.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CANON-5D-BODY-BATTE...=item1c1576d43c

Edited by Ripley