Can Dogs Have Behaviour Problems

O.k, this is going to sound a bit airy-fairy, but for weeks I noticed Banjo was turned down a notch on his RMB days, as opposed to days he had kibble. We ran out of kibble and he had three days in a row of only rmb, then I switched him to a raw barf diet. I am not saying he is now the perfect dog, but all his craziness has come down a notch. :rofl:

I've always thought it quite insulting to tell a parent who's child has serious behaviour problems that it will all disapear with dietry changes, but now I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, a small amount of dogs (and kids) do get hyped from the artificial stuff.

What do you think?

Definitely possible. For me anyway. I have one of those kids for whom preservatives are a huge issue. The difference is extreme - from twitches to self mutilation to wild meltdowns and other behaviour issues. Plus it is well acknowledged that sulphite preservatives are a trigger for asthma for example. I don't see why dogs would be any different.

As for it being insulting, well......if you have seen huge positive changes in your child/dog just from changing their diet, it is almost abuse to not continue that. They cannot reach their potential, learn effectively, or even feel in control of themselves if they are hyped up on chemicals. And if your dog hurts someone (even accidentally by jumping or knocking them over with bouncing) then the consequences aren't nice.

We were feeding Asti Science Diet and raw mince, her poo's were soft and we just thought she had normal energy levels for a Frenchie. When we switched her over to BARF her itching slowly went away, her poos were firm and her activity levels were 'brought down a notch'. After I told our friends about Asti's behaviour change they switched their beagle over to a 'natural' product (but still from woolies/coles) and the beagle is a totally different dog, the people at the dog park actually asked what they'd done to him as he was significantly calmer.

I too think that if colours and preservatives make dogs crazy hyper no wonder our kids are diagnosed with ADD and other behaviour problems!

Did you change to raw Sas? My dog is both itchy and hyper, so I'm hoping that a change will help her too.

Yes - Caine Country BARF.

Our supplements of choice that work for 'us' for better skin and mind are: Grapeseed oil, Soaked Chia Seed, EPO, Vit B, Vit C, Organic Mineral Tablets and ZeoPet drops. (We have gone through periods of supplement free times and he is best on this combination).

We don't flea/worm treat either unless we actually have a problem.

Having an itchy dog can be a bit of a nightmere because even if you change to raw BARF (balanced ratios) your dog could still be allergic to a certain protein or something in its' environment.

If it continues, ask your Vet to refer you onto a Derm :rofl: