Flat Coats In Wa

YOLO

I can't believe that someone is trying to get feedback on a breeder and they are being slammed. Isn't this what we encourage people to do.

If I asked where I should get a new dog I know that 99% of people in the office would say a puppy farm (they don't know that they are, but they definitely are). They have cute, lovely dogs from these places too.

Hell, I bought my boy from Freedom Kennels via the internet. Best dog I've ever known. By your logic asal I should just continue to get dogs from there because I like my boy and I shouldn't ask questions.

maybe i wrinkled my fur because on one post they are happy with their dogs. not one but two.

i was unaware they were crossbreds

was under the impression they were bred by a registered breeder. tend to forget there are registered ethicals and registered destroy em at all costs breeders.

frankly having been chucked into the to be destroyed at all costs pot by those i thought to be friends im a teeeeny bit titchy on the subject.

• Confused 1

maybe right now is not the best time for me to be reading anything connected to the pedigree dog world.

just learned there is a letter going round to kick one of the directors off the council.

n at the same time learn despite having bent over backwards to newbies to help them get a start, discover i was under discussion at our last breed club meeting and get told by one it was not to say anything good about me

so apologise for being more than a little miffed at the non fur brigade

Yes I have seen them bring a golden out a few times this year. Have not seen them out with a Flat Coat though. :hug:

yes always have shown but had a break of a couple of years, doing well in the ring too ...

actually back to the OP, there are other flatcoats and a litter is due according to the breed pages, plus maybe go to the show on gundog day, chat with people watch the lovely flatcoats there and get some advice.

We had one in rescue a couple of years ago, the most stunning black dog.

No offence i show gundogs & have done so for over 24 yrs & they haven't shown Flatties on a regular basis for many years many except the odd ones owned by others that haven,t been shown for a number of years either & the goldies have only attended a small number of shows & not winning anything major,They have won the occasional first some undefeated though.

No offence i show gundogs & have done so for over 24 yrs & they haven't shown Flatties on a regular basis for many years many except the odd ones owned by others that haven,t been shown for a number of years either & the goldies have only attended a small number of shows & not winning anything major,They have won the occasional first some undefeated though.

Not in any way defending this person showdog I think we have a similar opinion on this person. And I advise the OP to visit a recommended Flat Coated breeder then the one in question, that is the best advice I can offer. :hug:

Not in any way defending this person showdog I think we have a similar opinion on this person. And I advise the OP to visit a recommended Flat Coated breeder then the one in question, that is the best advice I can offer. :hug:

No just making sure people realize the flatties seen at the shows are other exhibitor's because i now Sonja does a great job bringing her multi purpose dogs out & the other people also show when possible plus the other lady from the country with some of Joy Greggs girls

Flatties certainly arent shown very often at shows.

The only exhibitor who showed every weekend was Joy Gregg before she moved to NSW about 4 yrs ago if not more She started showing Dancingate stock but her foundation breeding stock where Bushman dogs & showed them for many years & now has UK imports .

When Joy left the breed was occasionally shown

What i would suggest to the OP anyway if breeding is something you may wish to do you will need to see which breeder's will sell you a bitch with main papers & you will need to join the canine,do the breeder's exam for your prefix.

You may find not all the breeder's here will sell a pet bitch with main papers so your choices are limited anyway .

Plus if there isn't a spare main suitable bitch you may have to wait until the next litter unless the breeder is happy to sell any bitch for breeding & again that is where you decide what breeder will best sut you & your own plans

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the gundogs on Wednesday. There were a couple of Joy Gregg’s Blackregals (Harry & Eden) there.

Apparently Sonja also had Kajsa and Tika there. I didn’t see them, but have seen pictures and they are beautiful.