Doggy Day At The Beach

Dory the Doted One

For those interested....

City of Charles Sturt Council is holding a Doggy Day at the Beach this Sunday 26th of September, between 11am and 3.30pm. There is a Free BBQ and some fun activities.

To register go to the City of Charles Sturt website City of Charles Sturt and put in a keyword search "Doggy" to register.

I'm hoping to be there with Dory!

I've got a few postcards so you can go into the draw for a basket of doggy stuff.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pele is gonna be pissed that she can't have any treats ;) She's been reeeeaally, reeeeaally sick (vomitting blood, trip to Emergency Vet and spent 3 days on a drip) and is on boring, bland food :rofl: Vets can't say what caused it but I suspect she ate more than possum poo at agility training last week :rofl:

Poor Pele - of all the dogs that it could happen to :rofl:

Earl drools more when he has treats so I will try and ration his too (make sure I have the towel close at hand) ;)

Now how do we find each other in the crowd?

Although, Earl is NOT hard to miss.

True - just look for the big brown drooly monster :rofl: I will park myself at a visible spot and have Shannon looking outfor dogs she recognises :rofl:

Edited by KelpieHoundMum

Well it will be good to see those of you who can make it. :rofl:

Now how do we find each other in the crowd?

Although, Earl is NOT hard to miss. :rofl:

Pele will be the "poor, starving" Bull Terrier trying to cadge treats 'cos she's not allowed to have any at the moment ;)

Ok, given that one of the activities is a walk between Henley and Grange Jetties, I think I would aim to be in one of the carparks along the esplanade to the north of Henley jetty, There is access from North Street into the Esplanade going south or north and you can't get in from the other ends eg through the car park next to the pasta restaurant or from Marlborough street. Maps.google.com.au is your friend.

There is a car park on Marlborough street though it is fairly small and there is another on the esplanade on the South side of Henley square which is where i'd park if I was just going to eat at Henley square - entrance is just north of the torrens outlet, well south of Henley Square.

Where I usually go is West Beach near the Surf Club (yummy pancakes and coffee), Is tempting to go there for breakfast beforehand, but it's a bit of a hike to Henley square. The good thing about the surf club is they do cater for dogs, and you can sit outside on their balcony. But you need someone or something to hold the dog while you go in and order and they're slow to cook stuff. Amateurs. If I did that, I'd not be starving and trying to figure out what I can eat at Henley square. The bbq might be worth avoiding with dog in hand.

Distinctive for me - if I remember - purple straw hat. Frosty is pretty distinctive all by herself but might be hard to see when she's upside down.

And it's going to be run by "Compliance" ie the rangers - so might be a good idea to keep dogs on lead especially in the square and have plenty of doggy bags to hand. There's not always a good supply at those beaches.