What Does "heart Dog" Mean?

lanabanana

I love hearing how your heart dogs make you feel! It doesn't matter how tired or grumpy I am when I get home from work at night, as soon as I throw my bag down and sit on the lounge or bed my heart girl jumps on me to tell me how her day was and give and get some kisses it all fades away. She has also curbed my wanderings - I simply don't want to go off to a foreign land for months now. I would miss her too much! It's kind of pathetic but you can't fight true love!

My Chuckster has left a mark on my heart and claim it to be forever his.

Do you mean Charlie?

Yeah... it's one of his nicknames.

Lately he is being called Chuck, Chucky or Chuckster... we go to training and there are few other Charlie's in the class, and so I started calling him that.

My Chuckster has left a mark on my heart and claim it to be forever his.

Do you mean Charlie?

Yeah... it's one of his nicknames.

Lately he is being called Chuck, Chucky or Chuckster... we go to training and there are few other Charlie's in the class, and so I started calling him that.

Phew. You had me worried there for a second :p

I think my girl Didge was my heart dog.

She was the first dog I ever had any 'say' in.

I picked her out, I did everything, decided what to feed her. Let her sleep inside (my parents never allowed that at home)

I got addicted to dog forums because of her, and learnt so much about the dog world, the good and the bad.

She passed away very young and I was devastated.

I still can't read the poem from her cremation without tearing up.

After losing her I never wanted to own another animal again, because no one could ever live up to her.

Esky is a very special girl too.

And I love her dearly. I think she is my 'liver' dog though. :)

She keeps me alive.

My partner isn't as attached to her though. Which makes things a bit weird I guess.

Hopefully that'll change when we're out on our own again :rofl:

You will know it when you have it happen - you wont even need to ponder it.

Exactly!

It's not about loving a dog so much, as a special connection you have with them. If you have to say "I think" then you probably haven't felt it yet.

Jarrah is my heart dog, I know that Dagboy is almost jealous sometimes of the connection that we have, but at the same time he loves it because it's a beautiful thing to see. I've owned lots of dogs & I've loved all of them (some more than others) & some have been totally devoted to me too, but with him, it's different.

When it happens to you (if it does ever happen to you), you'll know.

my baby razzle is my heart dog, he follows me everywhere, i want to do soo much for him i want him to have a fun filled life.

he of course loves everyone, but will always come back to me

when im out i think about him, worry about him constantly, i have become addicted to my koolie forum and DOL just so i can talk about him to others and hear other happy stories. when out i reach a point in my mind that he has been alone long enough and i just close up and want to go home, and the longer im made to stay out from that point the grumpier i get, till i can go home to my baby :laugh:

I dread the day that he becomes an angel, i hope thats a loooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg way off.

we had been married 1 week, when we saw him, had never heard of a koolie, but were smitten, he was everything we wanted. so we took him home that day and have been learning from him ever since.

he is my heart pup and i will love him always and forever

Edited by dandybrush

Aww some beautiful stories.

I used the "I think" regarding Pippi as I feel kinda bad to say she is mine after Chevy. I feel if I openly say Pippi is my "heart dog" I am somehow smearing Chevy's memory and the special bond we also had.

However after reading some of these stories and thoughts on it, I can def say it about my Pippi. When they are inside (they are outside when we go to work) we are always together. She sits on my lap and will just look up at me with her beautiful two tone eyes and sometimes we just sit there staring at each other. We are going away over summer for a couple of weeks and they are going to a kennel and I am horribly worried about Pippi. I love Barney to pieces as well but I just am not worried about him being in the kennel where as with Pippi I have come up with various scenarios as to what might happen or how she could escape and just the thought of these things happening really gets me going - my OH told me to STFU about it she would be fine. I don't want anything to happent o either of my dogs but if soemthing were to happen to Pippi, I would just be heart broken.

I am always raving about my likkle Pippi and how gorgeous she is, and how much I love her. I have even decided that the day she becomes the only dog, we are going to keep it that way so I can just lavish her with love.

I still feel awful because Chevy was very very special to me too and just such a beautiful dog and I feel awful for Barney even thoug I love him to bits and would do anything for him, but Pippi and I do some to have this absolute connection.

I even said to my OH before I heard the term "heart dog" that Pippi and I have a special bond and she is my girl and he gave me a$$holes for not loving Barney anymore (just in joking) LOL

Anyway, beautiful stories and stuff guys. Thanks for clarifying your opinions on the term etc