Litters Due In December

Bilbo Baggins

Mine are almost 6 weeks now.

They love to be outside and mum is always there to keep an eye on them, I know that I am so very lucky that she is a good mum but I am starting to worry about how I am going to get her to start leaving them, eight big puppies are starting to wear here down but she gets so stressed if I put her in a run away from them. They are on 3 meals a day but she always goes in and tops them up even though they are full as gooks and don't need it.

We are also thankful that it hasn't been too hot.

post-23314-1295474416_thumb.jpg

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well haven't we had some dramalama's :p My youngest son, had an accident on his scooter the other day and lacerated his leg just below the knee :D Another night in hospital, surgery and 11 stitiches. Alot better now. But we had to wait in the waiting room next to the emergancy department for 4 hours meanwhile Kahu hasn't had any pain killers, You could just imagine what I was doing, yep, letting rip at the staff, literally ;)

On a betta note, pups are going extremely well. My keeper Awve, has yet to grow legs and still looks like a brick on stumps :laugh: And Bulzeye is looking very good too. He might be going to NSW to a show home yet, will just have to wait and see. They have their vaccinations and microchipping done today. COuldn't get it done any earlier as my vet wanted to see them and she was n't back from holidays till today...

Take them all down to Perth on the 5th Feb to go to their new homes. It is going to be a very sad day, especially when little Atiri goes. She was the runt and is my absolutely favourite, and the kids. SHe is so adorable and such a cheeky girl.

Will put some more piccy's up later.

SBT101, so sorry to hear about your sons injury I hope he heals fast.

How did you manage to take so many pups to the vet? did you have friends carry one or two or were they put into a laundry basket?

I remember taking 7 Schipperke pups to the vet in a laundry basket for their vet check/microchip adn boy did they cause a scene

with their cuteness.

BB

SBT101 so sorry to hear about your son, ouch!

Sorry BlakB I have been busy with the pups, puppy people and of course the older dogs. Time sure does fly by doesn't it! I will get some pictures up in the next day or so. We are in for some seriously hot weather here in Melbourne and I am not looking forward to it at all. The Adelaide people have had it bad for a while and I think Perth as well.

Fordogs great pic of your pups, they sure are a great size. How are they all doing?

BilboBaggins the mud monsters have not really surfaced much at all since the rain came because with it came the grass.......oh well it was nice while it lasted. :thumbsup:

I have my Vet come to my house for vaccinations and chips, there is no way I am carting 13 puppies to them....or any other amount to them. I have been doing it this way for some time now and it works for me! :thumbsup:

Oh and teeth, who said teeth, my guys have very sharp ones that like biting your ankles, toes or any other part of you they can try biting on to...... :thumbsup:

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

SBT101, so sorry to hear about your sons injury I hope he heals fast.

How did you manage to take so many pups to the vet? did you have friends carry one or two or were they put into a laundry basket?

I remember taking 7 Schipperke pups to the vet in a laundry basket for their vet check/microchip adn boy did they cause a scene

with their cuteness.

BB

I have got 2 large plastic crates so just put 3 in one and 4 in the other. And a vet nurse came and helped me get them out of the car.

We are down to 8 puppies now :laugh: 2 from Cynda's and 2 from Kimba's litter has gone to their new homes. I have already had a emails and/or been contacted by new woners saying much they love them and how ell they have settled in. They couldn't thank me enough on the way their pup has been already toilet trained and are so well behaved. :laugh:

Bet I will get the complete opposite in a couple of days :laugh:

Oh, can someone please enlighten me on how to reduce/stop Cynda's milk supply. She still has heaps of milk and it doesn't look like that it will stop any time soon. The pups have not been on her for about a week, but thinking I might have to put them back on again as dont want her to get mastitis. I would only put Awve and Bulzeye on as their the ones I am keeping.

Melb had nice weather today so pups spent all day in the back yard in a seperated area friom the others.

Don't think they were that keen though.

Next door is really noisy with building nioses, thats ne way to desensative them.

SBT101, no idea on your milk problem. Jess does the weaning when she is ready.

Bilbo Baggins, how did you go at the vets?

BB

Melb had nice weather today so pups spent all day in the back yard in a seperated area friom the others.

Don't think they were that keen though.

Next door is really noisy with building nioses, thats ne way to desensative them.

SBT101, no idea on your milk problem. Jess does the weaning when she is ready.

Bilbo Baggins, how did you go at the vets?

BB

Missed this.

Allgood both screamed with the microchip.

Zarah screamed even louder with her injection. We where warned.