Video- Circus Lions Attack Their Trainer.

julzjc

Some people say the same about dogs. Some zoos and Ive heard of a circus that have taken in animals that have been abused. They give them a better life.

As far as the tricks go with enrichment programs. They cant give the cheetah a gazelle to kill but they can drag fresh meat behind a truck. They cant always gice them their own species as company but they can give them companionship. It also helps with the care of the animal. Learning to display teeth for example is very entertaining to the public but helps maintain dental hygeiene.

Its actually an interesting subject and there are some lovely books available. One important thing exotics do is raise awareness of their wild relatives. Plus in some zoos there is the breeding programs.

I would rather an animal in captivity is doing new things and interacting with another living thing than not.

Some people say the same about dogs. Some zoos and Ive heard of a circus that have taken in animals that have been abused. They give them a better life.

As far as the tricks go with enrichment programs. They cant give the cheetah a gazelle to kill but they can drag fresh meat behind a truck. They cant always gice them their own species as company but they can give them companionship. It also helps with the care of the animal. Learning to display teeth for example is very entertaining to the public but helps maintain dental hygeiene.

Its actually an interesting subject and there are some lovely books available. One important thing exotics do is raise awareness of their wild relatives. Plus in some zoos there is the breeding programs.

I would rather an animal in captivity is doing new things and interacting with another living thing than not.

Exactly :bolt:

It is the same with Rodeo animals. I know a few horses who if not for going to a rodeo string they would be in a can of pal. For the 8 seconds they are expected to buck once a month or so (and they usually end up there as they like the buck when they aren't meant to :hitself: ) they get treated like royalty. A good buckjumper is worth a fortune so it isn't in the rodeos best interest to not take the best of care of them :cry:

Maybe we should stop riding horses full stop, and training our dogs to do obedience/agility? :(

Hey I would much prefer not to work for my living as well :flame:

Of course they should always be treated humanely however (I can't watch the video atm)

it is a shame that the king of the jungle can be charged for the entertainment of people, i think that people go to see animals that they couldnt see anywhere else (like lions) but it does need to stop.

Exactly :(

It is the same with Rodeo animals. I know a few horses who if not for going to a rodeo string they would be in a can of pal. For the 8 seconds they are expected to buck once a month or so (and they usually end up there as they like the buck when they aren't meant to :cry: ) they get treated like royalty. A good buckjumper is worth a fortune so it isn't in the rodeos best interest to not take the best of care of them :)

Maybe we should stop riding horses full stop, and training our dogs to do obedience/agility? :rainbowbridge:

Hey I would much prefer not to work for my living as well :(

Of course they should always be treated humanely however (I can't watch the video atm)

Err, have to disagree with you there.

The horses in Rodeos buck because they have a flank strap tightened so tight, its painful and therefore they buck. A horses flank is very sensitive. My old horse was ultra sensitive, he used to kick out just by tickling the flank when I was brushing with a soft brush in that area.

It's no walk in the park for them. They buck to get rid of the pain. Another disgusting practice to entertain humans.

Wow what an aawesome vidoe - not awesome good, just AWEsome if you get me.

I dont really know my stance with animals at a circus. I think zoos are a necessary evil for educational purposes and also for the breeding programs etc.

Circuses I am unsure. I dont really like animals in captivity but as above, it is beneficial in some wys. Do I think the tricks are bad? I probably agree with the above poster - keeps their minds active. Do I agree with how they live, probably not in the sense of cages, travelling etc.

Using whips in that curcus i would attack too.

I must admit though, we went to stardust circus this year and I loved seeing the lions come out and do their routine.

You know not all animals in the entertainment industry are treated cruelly.

I do NOT agree with this circus and the way they treat their animals. I do NOT agree with mistreating ANY animal.

However I have read a fair bit on the subject and spoken to people in the industry and I do not believe all of them are bad and should be painted with the same stroke.

When fighting for a cause it never helps to lump everyone in the same boat, because then you lose credit when its shown they do the right thing. Better to focus on the actual problem which is some of these groups use cruel techniques and its those techniques which should be banned.

Problem is of course that alot of the worst offenders come from countries where it is more exceptable.