Sontax Nail Grinder

k9katz

Hopefully someone can help me! I have a Sontax rotary tool that I bought from Bunnings, I'm sure I have read on here that others have this unit. I got some cables mixed up and now dont know which is the charger!! The only 1 I have left over says its a 6v charger but the unit states its a 3.6v. If anyone else has this unit can you please tell me what the voltage is on your charger as by a process of elimination, this is the only cable left that it could be - unless of course I have thrown it out during my clean up!! I am not electrically minded and dont want to blow it up!

I can't help you, but if Bunnings is reasonably local to you, what about popping back down there to have a look at the ones they have on their shelf - you'd be able to compare and check that you have the right charger.

Or perhaps even ring them - I'm sure they'd be able to help you by telephone :(.

It's a 6V, Katz. Down the bottom the label says Changzhou Sanhuan Electron Electric Factory. Hope that helps.

Oh thanks so much:) That's what it says on mine too. I couldnt for the life of me understand how I had lost it but I'd taken my computer apart while I had new carpet laid and I put the charger back on the computer speakers LOL, I then wondered why I had a spare battery eliminator!

All is good now, dogs can have a manicure tomorrow!! Thanks again.

you use a nail grinder to trim your dog's nails?

plse tell me, how does your dog cope with that?

just asking cuz it costs me just under $20 per dog to get their nails clipped [the same for my kitty] and well, i know it's unpleasant for my dogs! if a grinder is kinder [*giggles* i'm a poet], i'd be willing to invest!

just asking cuz it costs me just under $20 per dog to get their nails clipped [the same for my kitty] and well, i know it's unpleasant for my dogs! if a grinder is kinder [*giggles* i'm a poet], i'd be willing to invest!

Hey skruffy

I tried using a grinder - but none of my dogs coped with it at all - including my old girl who had no probs having them clipped. I suspect if you start young it would be good but I found it very difficult with adult dogs.

They are kinder tho - if you can do it. There's a useful website about it here:

LINK

Hey skruffy

I tried using a grinder - but none of my dogs coped with it at all - including my old girl who had no probs having them clipped. I suspect if you start young it would be good but I found it very difficult with adult dogs.

They are kinder tho - if you can do it. There's a useful website about it here:

LINK

ty ms spotty :laugh:

i saw those ads on telly and i thought they were soooooo consumer deceptive that i shunned the idea; i mean srsly, was that dog really having its nails 'filed' sitting their with a smile on its face, panting, no resistance, WHATSOEVER!?!??

we've had bella since she was 12 weeks old and altho we tried to clip her nails, she never once screamed but she did resist so we relinquished the task to our vets --- the first time the vet did her she was taken out of the room and shortly later i heard her scream, just once, long enough for one nail :laugh: since then, the groomer's struggled every time...

byron, our rescue, has issues with being held by his paws --- god knows how he fairs because i've never tried to cut his nails...

anyway, thanks for the link :laugh: i hope to learn more so i can help my dogs...

I have 2 German Shepherds and they are both fine with the grinder, just lay there and let me do it, and I didn't start using it until they were both older. I still use the clippers too but I find with my dogs nails I cant see the quick as they have black nails, using the grinder is much easier for me to not cut into the quick and you can get the nails a lot shorter, I dont go anywhere near as short as they do on some of the websites I have seen.

From 8 weeks of age all my puppies get used to having their feet held, ears looked in, teeth shown etc etc, all very important for when "things" need to be done to them. I would recommend the grinder but you need to introduce it slowly and with lots of positive reinforcement for success. Good luck.

You can introduce a grinder to an older dog as well, much the same way that you would if the dog were a pup. The only difficulty will be is if the adult dog harbours phobic fears to the sounds of new and novel things and/or machinery.

Yeah I'm sure it's possible with older dogs too. I think I just didn't have the patience at the time with three adult dalmatians LOL I did actually get a little further with my old girl but then she was pretty cool about everything and I could clip her claws in a mere couple of minutes with no fuss anyway. But the others were just too much of a handful.

I'm thinking I'll give it a try with the pup and Pepper. Tango is too phobic about noises AND having his feet touched for me to attempt it without some expert help tho. At this point I don't clip his claws either. Mr Snappy!!!