Australian Story

Monah

Aust story is about factory farming practices tonightOn Monday Night, one of Australia's most respected programmes, ABC's Australian Story, will bring much needed attention to the treatment of animals in Australian factory farms.

The story has been generated through the recent launch of the Animal Justice Fund (AJF) established by Kathmandu founder Jan Cameron. Over the past two months Jan and I have been filming with Australian Story. Animals Australia was instrumental in bringing the AJF to life and is administering the fund on behalf of Jan.

Australian Story's interest was generated by Jan Cameron's involvement in the AJF. Jan, as one of Australia's wealthiest women, is notoriously private and media shy. This is one of the very few times that Jan has spoken publicly and has done so only to assist in giving a voice to animals in factory farms.

Whilst Jan's profile and assistance has boosted the effectiveness of our public awareness work, as always, it is the financial support of our members that underpins our crucial investigations (footage of which will air on Australian Story) and all of our public awareness campaigns. In fact, Jan Cameron only learned of Animals Australia's work through our public awareness campaigns — so every Animals Australia supporter has had a hand in bringing about this important story!

I wanted to take this opportunity of personally thanking you for your ongoing and much needed support. Without your generosity, the progress achieved in the past 12 months would not have occurred, nor would Australian Story be featuring the plight of factory farmed animals on prime time television.

Click here to watch a preview of Australian Story on the ABC website. I hope that you will encourage friends, family and colleagues to watch.

Once again, my sincerest gratitude to you for your support of Animals Australia's work

sent to me by a friend.xxx

The program focused on factory farmed chickens and pigs, particularly sow stalls. Nothing about dogs. I thought the representative of the farmers (ie, pigs) was very unconvincing as his viewpoint was that the sows if out, would return to the sow stalls. Ho hum