Skye Is Home

matilda1

day number two and Skye is starting to loven up a little.

She does have a mild case of kennel cough :laugh: but she's travelling along ok. no secondary infections as yet however I will be taking her to the vet for a check up on Friday.

She's spent today sleeping on her bed in the sunshine on the back porch and a brief nap with me on the bed :laugh:

her and katie now get on fine together, but I am trying to keep them a little further apart due to the kennel cough. unfortunately it is inevitable that katie will get it too.... :)

her and katie now get on fine together, but I am trying to keep them a little further apart due to the kennel cough. unfortunately it is inevitable that katie will get it too.... :laugh:
It isn't inevitable at all, actually. Many of us have had countless dogs in an out of our homes straight from pounds. I can't remember any of my dogs getting kennel cough, even the elderly ones.

That's encouraging to know. thank you :laugh:

But I have already heard her cough once :laugh:

Skye's is very mild for now, but time will tell. She's bright and happy, eating and drinking well and temp is slowly coming down.

Watching closely still.

Thank you.

We love her to bits.

She's still very nervous which is undestandable.

She tried to hide behind a table and got herself stuck before because Katie was playing with a squeeky toy and it scared her. :laugh:

Poor thing.

I think she will feel a lot better once the stitches are out and the bucket comes off the head too.

For now she is just being kept quiet and re-assured.

Starting to see snippets of Skyes real personality now.

She's feeling less tired and a little cooped up from being inside with her stitches and E-collar.

Currently chasing the cats. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

She's very cute doing it though, and admittedly they are season dog cats and they are teasing her.

She's very gentle with them...just likes to chase them and then stare at them for a while.

PS: temps normal now :thumbsup: