I Love My Vet!

Little Gifts

My young staffy girl has been out of sorts all day and hasn't eaten or drunk anything despite my efforts. I've been checking her for a stomach upset, temp, tick, gums, bowel blockage and got no indicators of anything specific. Then she started to tremble and get all clumsy on the floor so I raced her to the vet. Of course by the time we got there the fact she had her walking harness on and had been for a car ride pepped her right up!

My vet is hilarious and such an animal lover herself. I have been seeing her for 22 years now and she has no filter on what she says - if you've been a bad owner you hear about it! I once got in a lot of trouble when she found a flea on one of my dogs! So she checked Stussy over for all the usual suspects and there were indications of a temp and bladder infection so out she went with me to try for a pee sample. We walked and chatted and walked and chatted but no pee. In her german accent out the front of the vet she is going "Go wee wees dahling!" Stussy was very upset to be going back into the surgery so she gave her some treats while we discussed what to do. Then Stussy started carrying on like an evil witch in a forest. It got worse when we went back out into the waiting area to pay the bill because another dog was there. So my vet just comes back out, taps me on the shoulder and tells me to pay next time I'm in so I can get my sick girl home and calm her back down. What a sweetheart!

Mind you I spend so much money there I have a VIP card so I guess she knows I'll be back for something else and paying the bill any day now!

As a member of a profession much maligned in this forum I would like to thank you for reminding us that most of our clients do appreciate us! In return I would like to reassure you that the vast majority of vets love their job and their patients and are trying their best for them at all times. :(

As a member of a profession much maligned in this forum I would like to thank you for reminding us that most of our clients do appreciate us! In return I would like to reassure you that the vast majority of vets love their job and their patients and are trying their best for them at all times. :(

I also love my vets.....They are WONDERFUL... :(

Many of us have a great relationship with our vets.........

I think the negative comments are only for a small section of the vet community.

Every profession have dodgy ones....

I love my vet too. I had to get my chook PTS recently, and she refused to take payment. Last time I had to have one PTS, I couldn't get in to her, and went to another clinic, and they charged me $50!!

My cousin actually recommended her to me, as the clinic is not the closest one to us. Her dog was hit by a car at 10pm one Saturday night, and the vet attended the dog with no extra fee. She explained that the dog is her client, and her duty of care is to the animal. She also said that if she hadn't been prepared to do emergency call outs in the middle of the night she wouldn't have started her own clinic. :(

Pity my current dog is a little scared of her... but I guess she's only really knows vaccs etc from her.

I love my vet, I called him one evening when my old black dog sceemed in pain after playing with the Staffy girl it was 8pm by the time he got back to town to see us and he didn't mind at all. It turned out to be nerve damage.

As a member of a profession much maligned in this forum I would like to thank you for reminding us that most of our clients do appreciate us! In return I would like to reassure you that the vast majority of vets love their job and their patients and are trying their best for them at all times. :rofl:

Oh, go on, we all love our vets - we just don't like the dodgy ones. We don't like dodgy breeders, dodgy car salesmen, or dodgy councillors either. The majority of the public really appreciate their vets, they just don't verbalise it :rofl:

And of course some of us can stare, mesmerised, at the classic features of the Bondi Vet for hours, swaying gently in our loungers, tomato soup slowing dribbling down our chins - - showing not the slightest interest in whatever procedure he does, or whatever dog he treats just gazing in awe at that masculine profile.

Vetrg, if you at all resemble Bondi Vet, please, do post your photo here!!

Edited by Jed

As a member of a profession much maligned in this forum I would like to thank you for reminding us that most of our clients do appreciate us! In return I would like to reassure you that the vast majority of vets love their job and their patients and are trying their best for them at all times. :rofl:

I think that's really sad but of course I appreciate that a lot of people hate spending money on their pets and aren't regulars at their vets so go on about the cost. Hey if they took some preventative measures for their pet from the get go then maybe they wouldn't have expensive vet bills!

I personally have never felt over charged or that my concerns weren't treated as valid. I get follow up phone calls, I know all the staff and they know me and I know them. They always squeeze me in if I feel it is urgent and they will give me over the phone advice and let me pick up medication (that the dogs have had previously) without another appointment. That's a lot more than I get from my own doctor who I have been seeing for the past 10 years!

So Vetrg - thank you for all you do. There are those of us who really appreciate the efforts of a good vet and their staff.

My Vet has given us free dog food when we were trialling Porthos on different diets for his bad stomach, he has given us free consults, he has texted/called us after every "non routine" visit and he hugs me and the dogs every time he sees us! He adores Dogs and my youngest one adores him right back :rofl:

I adore my vet too! When one of my cats got bitten by a snake on a sunday she raced down to the surgery pulled out all the stops didn't charge us for the anti venom or a sunday call out fee just the nights stay! and she stayed there with her and fed her chicken treat the next morning she's a total gem!

They all are at my surgery couldn't ask for better and recommend them to who ever will listen to me!

Can I just say, I adore some of our clients :rofl:

I love how much they love their pets and how above and beyond they will go for their pets. I love chatting when they come in and love that they realise we really *do* love animals which is why we are in this job!

I also love when they bring us chocolates and cakes :rofl:

A couple of years ago I had a bitch who was a few days late whelping - I was a bit concerned about her and took her down to my Vet's late one afternoon to see if he could tell me what was going on. He said that things seemed to be progressing normally and gave me a card with his mobile number on and told me that if I was at all worried about her during the night to give him a call :scared: As it happened, I needn't have been concerned as, like all of the Standard Poodle bitches I've had - she just spat out her puppies quite easily :eek: - obviously I had just miscalculated the whelping date :eek: