How Do Your Dogs Wake Up In The Morning?

tlc

Our Chihuahua pup Bud gets up once through the night so he can be taken outside. He usually wakes between 5 and 6am for another toilet break but is straight back into bed for some more sleep. He stays in bed while my OH and I get ready for work. Once we are sitting down for brekkie that's when he may decide to get out of bed for a morning cuddle otherwise he stays in bed. Some mornings he goes nuts running around the place but then when it's time for us to go he puts himself back to bed.

Sometimes he comes up onto the bed in the mornings and he goes pyscho!!! We will then get up and get ready for work while he goes back to bed and sleeps.

Such a hard life being a dog!!! :(

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My little one wakes up at 5:30am each morning like it's going to be the best day of her life. I really want to bottle her joy for life sometimes...

The big one sleeps in. On weekends sometimes he still hasn't gotten up from his bed at midday when we chuck him out for a wee :(

Such a hard life being a dog!!! :( [/color][/font]

So true, I wish I had my dogs life,

They eat better than me. ;)

They have better clothes than me.

They have a better social life than me. :( lots of doggy buddies!

They get better hair cuts than me. :laugh:

They don't have to work as hard as me!!

They get waited on hand and food.... :thumbsup:

I could go on all day.....

I love my doggies ;)

I'm lucky if I make it to 5am these days. My fault really as I've been neglecting last minute nightime toilet stops - really not interested in scouring the yard for toads before heading out so I don't mind 5am so much. I toss him out for 10 minutes and then we're both back asleep until I wake him up for the day.

He's bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at whatever time I evenutally wake him up, though. Takes him 5 seconds to go from stretching to bouncing around like a loon. He's adorable in the mornings.

We once looked after a lab for a friend of ours. He would sleep in our room on the floor. You would wake up in the morning to him sitting beside the bed, his face 1 inch from yours, he'd have the hugest grin on his face... and the minute you opened one eye he was READY!!!! He was so smart - he knew in the morning he got a biscuit. So first he would get me to give him one (you can imagine him dancing all the way to where the biscuits were)... then I'd head back to bed. Then it was the other half's turn. If he was really sneaky, he managed to get two biscuits in! Such a great dog.

Our puppy wakes early for the toilet, though I pretend I don't hear it (don't tell the OH!!!!!) and he takes Max out. Then when he comes back inside (the dog that is) has a thing about getting under the doona. He'll come to the top and dig it until one of us holds it up. Then he wants to curl up in your stomach or behind your knees.... and he'll stay there as long as you do. The other day I woke up to a puppy curled up in my stomach, but he'd stretched out his head and his nose was under my ear so I could hear him breathing in and out. Such a tender moment!

All very quiet here in the mornings, until they know you are awake - then it is on for young and old.

Usually starts with a cold nose up the back of your shorty pj's, a bit of roo-rooing, lots of jumping around and the off at a million miles an hour for toilets. Rommi then cruises along as she is all grown up and mature now. Lewis on the other hand finds the closest thing that can double as a toy and then runs doing flat out zoomies with a mad look on his face.

This will continue for up to 20 minutes.

My jrt Mitch will stay in bed unless i make her get out

She snuggles under the doona and if i cant see her she isnt there apparently! lol

Often on a weekend if i am pottering inside, she will come out sometime late in the arvo around 2pm

But she will come half way to the back door, then turn and head back to bed a few times before she ends up outside

I dont know how her bladder copes!

Daire bounds out of bed to the bad door

Mine wake up about 10 minutes before my alarm goes off and they snuggle up to me on the bed. It makes it so hard to get up and go to work when I have these cuddly dogs around me (and on me). Wouldn't change it for the world though :thumbsup:

Well....it's really my sister's dog who rules the roost back home..So i hope you guys dont mind.

Generally, when im back for a visit, my sister's miniature daschund would have slumber parties with me. She usually prefers sleeping near my ankles against my legs under the doona (sometimes resting her head on my ankle :rofl: ), then i would be like...trying my darnest not to move the entire night, so her highness could have an uninterrupted sleep.

In the mornings, she would generally wake up, head to the loo for a quick wee and jump back into bed with you to sleep the day away.

If you try to wake her up by lifting up the doona and thus, allowing light to flood it...she would shoot u stinky looks and then turn her bum towards your face and gradually scoot up so her bum is right next to your face.....either she really likes her butt scratched..so she's sending me a msg. :rofl:

http://flickr.com/gp/39692124@N02/c2H2j6