Delighted, Had To Share

Guest Willow

It wasn't until after our skinkid came along I realised there was a behaviour I should have trained my dogs to do beforehand.....the art of NOT trampling their sandy filthy feet all over the mat she plays on with her toys.....

So, I have been doing it "in the field" so to speak (with not much time, planning, often without adequate rewards and whilst simultaneously delaing with the baby), and making sure it's put away when not in use (well, it's a rug on the floor, they don't know it's not for them)

Today, I asked Jarrah to go to his bed, and without another word from me he walked in a straight line to Charlottes rug, then carefully walked around the edge of it & across the rrom to his own bed.

Achievement!!!! :D :D :D Somnetimes I think I need to give him a bit more credit.

Just a small thing, but it made me smile all day :)

Thank you :D

Rhu (the little SWF) still has to be heavily prompted ("Stop.....Go Round") with accompanying hand gestures, but he's getting better. If I wasn't there to direct him he would just sleep on there :laugh:

I guess it won't matter soon anyway.....once she's crawling there's be no point having a "clean" mat fer her....she'll be into everything anyway. It was a nice excersise in proving a dog is never too old to learn somehting new though.....Jarrah is about 11 :)