Puppy With Vomiting

One of my puppy buyers contacted me and said that thier puppy (now 17 wks) must have eaten somehting but they are not sure what. The pup vomited several times and then evetually there was a trace of blood in it. she rushed the pup to the vet who kept her overnight and sent her home the next day. She tells me the vet believes the pup must have a tummy infection and has given antibiotics.

This is the second course because the pup had a grass seed surgically removed and was on antibiotics for aweek with that and only had her elizabethan collar etc removed Monday and then got sick Monday night.

She tells me the vet suggested a diet of boil beef and that the pup is off her meals.

I have suggested that she get some Manuka Honey and some Yakult and put that on her meals moring and night. Although I know some of you believe in waiting till the abs are finished before the probiotics are introduced. And personally I would be feeding a light diet but not with boiled beef. Maybe some fine mince and a coddled egg, a bit of boiled rice mixed in.

I just thought I would run the entire idea passed everyone for some extra input. So any comments would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

We were at the vet today with a tummy issue and they have advised 12 hours without food.... then a very slow reintroduction of food starting with cooked chicken and rice, slowly building back to what they would normally have.

For us this progression will be:

chicken and cooked rice .... next raw chicken mince & natural pot set yoghurt ...... then to roo mince ...... then to chicken necks .... then normal (chicken carcasses, roo tails, lamb flaps, sardines, raw eggs etc and then lastly their kibble which they only get every couple of days anyway!

This baby is back at the vets and on a drip. She will not look at food, if you try to offer anything she cringes and was rushed back on Tuesday night because she was throwing up again.

The vet has no idea as to the cause, they have done xrays and changed ab's and now have her on a drip to rehydrate her.

If I was allowed I would be in there with my rescue remedy kit but cant see the vet allowing that and technically she's not mine.

But today she did respond to her owner and although she hasnt shown a marked improvement, she hasnt detoriated.

This baby is back at the vets and on a drip. She will not look at food, if you try to offer anything she cringes and was rushed back on Tuesday night because she was throwing up again.

The vet has no idea as to the cause, they have done xrays and changed ab's and now have her on a drip to rehydrate her.

If I was allowed I would be in there with my rescue remedy kit but cant see the vet allowing that and technically she's not mine.

But today she did respond to her owner and although she hasnt shown a marked improvement, she hasnt detoriated.

Keep us updated Mercedes, poor thing. I have never heard of beef being given for an upset tummy. I have heard chicken and rice or turkey and sweet potato.

This little baby is now on the mend apparently but I have not heard fromthe owner what the outccome was as to the cause. Only that she is now almost 100 % and could be home tomorrow.

I have advised a light diet of rice, steamed chicken etc and probiotics until she is eating well and then slowly introduce heavier meals. She has lost a great deal of weight but will recover.