New Regulation 7.7.13

Guest CaptainCourageous

Guest CaptainCourageous

"Latest News" on the VCA website has an item "Presentation of class in group / class in show awards" and a link to http://www.vca.org.au/assets/pdf/in%20show...up%20awards.pdf

Though I implement that rule I continue to dislike it. No idea why they are drawing the attention of Show Committees to it, when it is a matter for stewards.

Stewards should note that it doesn't bar a lap of honour.

CC

"Latest News" on the VCA website has an item "Presentation of class in group / class in show awards" and a link to http://www.vca.org.au/assets/pdf/in%20show...up%20awards.pdf

Though I implement that rule I continue to dislike it. No idea why they are drawing the attention of Show Committees to it, when it is a matter for stewards.

Stewards should note that it doesn't bar a lap of honour.

CC

maybe so the Show committees can remind their stewards ...... many people help out with stewarding and may not be up with all the current regs.

and as for the lap of honour ... lovely idea ... provided it's not stinnking hot or pissing down with rain !!!

Guest CaptainCourageous
maybe so the Show committees can remind their stewards ...... many people help out with stewarding and may not be up with all the current regs.
via the Show Manager please!
and as for the lap of honour ... lovely idea ... provided it's not stinnking hot or pissing down with rain !!!
Sadly, I've found in good conditions that the exhibitors can be reluctant.

CC

Dear dog, if they aren't excited enough to do a lap or their dog can't manage 15 more seconds around the ring, then perhaps they shouldn't be there.

My thoughts exactly.

I usually float around the ring at that point haha

EF and IR must be the same person.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't do it for the applause or the accolade I do it because I love showing off my dogs and my dogs love being shown off. That extra run around the ring has no pressure and is all fun, an In Group line up has that nervous anticipation and that little bit of tension to it which I love and I might be the only one who gets it still but it's awesome to let that all go and let the dog fly around the ring without a care in the world.

EF and IR must be the same person.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't do it for the applause or the accolade I do it because I love showing off my dogs and my dogs love being shown off. That extra run around the ring has no pressure and is all fun, an In Group line up has that nervous anticipation and that little bit of tension to it which I love and I might be the only one who gets it still but it's awesome to let that all go and let the dog fly around the ring without a care in the world.

I whole heartedly agree....

At the completion of BIG, there will still be the class ribbon to give to the BIG winner (Judge wont' have done it)

Around here folk generally haven't left ringside as classes in Group are still being judged.

I have yet to have the privilege of a BIG but if/when the time comes I'll be lining up for the lap of honour FOR MY DOG. These dogs deserve to be recognised and the judge still has the award of Class in Group to make to them.

That "honour" lap is usually loudly applauded in these parts. I know I always applaud. Maybe down south things are different. :(

Edited by poodlefan

At the completion of BIG, there will still be the class ribbon to give to the BIG winner (Judge wont' have done it)

Around here folk generally haven't left ringside as classes in Group are still being judged.

I have yet to have the privilege of a BIG but if/when the time comes I'll be lining up for the lap of honour FOR MY DOG. These dogs deserve to be recognised and the judge still has the award of Class in Group to make to them.

That "honour" lap is usually loudly applauded in these parts. I know I always applaud. Maybe down south things are different. :D

Down here we often have the BIG and whatever class IG ribbon handed out together, likewise RUIG.

If I win something all I want to do is go back to my spot and cry lmao not run aroundthe ring crying then trip over because I'm shaking and my tears turn to those of pain :) (yes this actually happened!). I think it should be offered to the exhibitor to accept or decline a lap of honor :(

Wow, in WA we have to do the lap of honour :rofl: Takes less time than the stewards having the go off and figure out what extra ribbon the BIG then ruBIG winner needs to get too...

Plus everyone then gets a chance to appreciate the winning dogs :D

Guest CaptainCourageous
Wow, in WA we have to do the lap of honour :confused: Takes less time than the stewards having the go off and figure out what extra ribbon the BIG then ruBIG winner needs to get too...

Plus everyone then gets a chance to appreciate the winning dogs :laugh:

mirawee, you've hit the nail on the head. CC