A Scare On My Walk The Other Morning

I want to reiterate Hanna's suggestion. Pre-dog, I walked to/from work, uni etc with headphones in as a matter of course...until the afternoon I didn't hear a car following behind me and the next thing I know some malefactor is pulling me into the car. Luckily I got away relatively unscathed but if I'd been more aware of my surroundings, the whole incident could have been avoided.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are u serious that is SO SCARY!!! Far out did it take u a long time to recover, I was shaking for hours after my thing which isn't barely as bad as yours :laugh:

At the time I was so pumped about having escaped (adrenalin high I suppose)...who knew I could move my slothful body that quickly and fight back, let alone scale a high fence without a leg up (I haven't been able to repeat that feat :confused:). I stopped walking home alone for a few weeks but then just got a bit smarter about it - changed my route, stopped using ipod and actually paid attention to the world around me.

I think the uncomfortable worried feeling you had is the worst. I was lucky that I didn't really get that because I was off with the fairies. I hope you are feeling better soon, and can keep walking. A walking buddy might be worth a try.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not walking, but I did have a disturbing thing happen to me once.

I was at a *very* busy tramstop but this guy sat down next to me. He was maybe mid 50s/early 60s. He started just with small talk, but then began

making 'observations' about me - "I bet you keep to yourself at work, I bet no one notices when you leave" and suggestions that I was a loner. He then asked me if I wanted to come

back and have dinner with him as he'd treat me very nicely!

Was very freaked out and thankfully he did not get on the same tram.

I want to reiterate Hanna's suggestion. Pre-dog, I walked to/from work, uni etc with headphones in as a matter of course...until the afternoon I didn't hear a car following behind me and the next thing I know some malefactor is pulling me into the car. Luckily I got away relatively unscathed but if I'd been more aware of my surroundings, the whole incident could have been avoided.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are u serious that is SO SCARY!!! Far out did it take u a long time to recover, I was shaking for hours after my thing which isn't barely as bad as yours :cheer:

At the time I was so pumped about having escaped (adrenalin high I suppose)...who knew I could move my slothful body that quickly and fight back, let alone scale a high fence without a leg up (I haven't been able to repeat that feat :confused:). I stopped walking home alone for a few weeks but then just got a bit smarter about it - changed my route, stopped using ipod and actually paid attention to the world around me.

I think the uncomfortable worried feeling you had is the worst. I was lucky that I didn't really get that because I was off with the fairies. I hope you are feeling better soon, and can keep walking. A walking buddy might be worth a try.

You scaled a fence! WOW I couldn't LOL. Did you have to scale it to get away from them?? Did they retreat when you fought them off?? Far out I can't believe they grabbed you :rofl:

Not walking, but I did have a disturbing thing happen to me once.

I was at a *very* busy tramstop but this guy sat down next to me. He was maybe mid 50s/early 60s. He started just with small talk, but then began

making 'observations' about me - "I bet you keep to yourself at work, I bet no one notices when you leave" and suggestions that I was a loner. He then asked me if I wanted to come

back and have dinner with him as he'd treat me very nicely!

Was very freaked out and thankfully he did not get on the same tram.

Ohhh very creepy, especially an old man EW!