Camera Advice

Kirislin

A girlfriend of mine is into motorbike riding, she loves nature and her dogs too. What sort of point and shoot could capture the fast action of bikes zooming into bends and whippets at full pelt and perhaps have macro for flowers too?

I suppose it needs to be able to zoom in and not have shutter lag, so she gets the actual moment, not half a second later when they've already gone.

Is there such a point and shoot camera?

Edited by Kirislin

Hey Kirislin - I'm not sure how much she wants to spend or if she wants a camera she can stick in her pocket. I used to have something like this before I bought my DSLR

Olympus SP 800 UZ

It was really good with action shits and can do sequence shots fairly quickly as well. The only downside is the size of it. The zoom is pretty handy as well.

Hey Kirislin - I'm not sure how much she wants to spend or if she wants a camera she can stick in her pocket. I used to have something like this before I bought my DSLR

Olympus SP 800 UZ

It was really good with action shits and can do sequence shots fairly quickly as well. The only downside is the size of it. The zoom is pretty handy as well.

me thinks the 'I' key should not be right next to the 'O' key there!

google "warhammer maneuver" :)

Oh and I can't really help on the camera beyond what I always say in these threads LOL Pretty much the wish list is everyone's wish list but there just isn't a camera out there that does it all as a point and shoot and for a reasonable amount of cash.

Learning how to work with the camera, no matter what it is, will go a very long way towards overcoming any shortcomings said camera may have. I can even do action shots with my baby Canon SD1200 IS - but I have to think about it and make the camera do what I want it to do.

I'd make a top priority list - then search for the camera that gives you the top priority and be willing to compromise on #2 and below :rofl:

google "warhammer maneuver" :rolleyes:

Oh and I can't really help on the camera beyond what I always say in these threads LOL Pretty much the wish list is everyone's wish list but there just isn't a camera out there that does it all as a point and shoot and for a reasonable amount of cash.

Learning how to work with the camera, no matter what it is, will go a very long way towards overcoming any shortcomings said camera may have. I can even do action shots with my baby Canon SD1200 IS - but I have to think about it and make the camera do what I want it to do.

I'd make a top priority list - then search for the camera that gives you the top priority and be willing to compromise on #2 and below :laugh:

ewwwww!