Dog Walker/sitter In Canberra

KumaAkita

The OH and I are planning a holiday - first one in forever. But we now have the added complication of our darling boy. I'm not keen on putting him in a kennel and wouldn't dream of asking friends to take care of him - he's a big boy and it's a lot of responsiblity.

Has anyone used a dog walker/sitter in Canberra? I'm keen to hear about any experiences (good/bad/indifferent)

The plan would be to start using a dog walker once a week until we leave, that way our boy is more comfortable than simply just dumping him for a two week holiday!

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks :o

The OH and I are planning a holiday - first one in forever. But we now have the added complication of our darling boy. I'm not keen on putting him in a kennel and wouldn't dream of asking friends to take care of him - he's a big boy and it's a lot of responsiblity.

Has anyone used a dog walker/sitter in Canberra? I'm keen to hear about any experiences (good/bad/indifferent)

The plan would be to start using a dog walker once a week until we leave, that way our boy is more comfortable than simply just dumping him for a two week holiday!

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks :cheer:

I dont have experiance with dog walkers or pet sitters around here but have you thought of asking his breeder to take him for the time you are away?

The breeder of our dogs has done it for us a few times and its been a huge help.

Breeder is best of course, but if you're interested, I'd be very happy to meet you and Kuma, have Akita lessons, introduce him to Saxon, and if everyone gets along, happy to dog sit at either my place or yours, or at least visit and walk daily (depending on the timing and if I'll be in town of course, but I should be).

I have plenty of time at the moment and would love to meet a new dog. I don't think either Saxon or I have come across an Akita in real life, but I'm confident with handling spitz breeds, and Saxon's favourite breed ever is the Husky, so we may be ok...

PM me if your breeder can't do it and you're interested :)