Micro-chipping Prior To Dogs Victoria Registration Be Compulsory Acros

SwaY

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just looked at my litter reg form and 1 sticker takes up 2 lines in depth and goes half way across into the limited reg column....I think if they want each puppy to have a sticker then they need to re-design the form.

That is true but unless you have a really large litter there is enough room to use every second line.

I have just looked at my litter reg form and 1 sticker takes up 2 lines in depth and goes half way across into the limited reg column....I think if they want each puppy to have a sticker then they need to re-design the form.

That is true but unless you have a really large litter there is enough room to use every second line.

All we can do is try it BB. :(

I had a litter of 8 last year, I managed to fit the stickers on line after line.

I overlapped them on the sticker above.

I do think they need to re-do the form thou.

You can fit the microchip numbers on the form. Trim the top and bottom of the sticker and it will fit in the allocated spot. I have even had the VCA office give me scissors when lodging a litter regsitration form personally so that I could trim them to make them fit on the form, so I know they will accept the numbers that way.

I agree a modified form would be better but I would only see that happpening once all the other forms are used up. How many have they got I don't know but as mentioned we now have 30 letters in total to work with and that has been two years plus now.

I am all for microchipping, I have been doing it for many years now and am happy to see it become compulsory for canine council registration. To me it is another way to varify a pedigree so that it matches the puppy. I am all for DNA for proof of parentage as well.

IMO, Sadly the credibility of the honour system went out the door a long time ago as some people's ethics dropped and the almighty dollar corrupted these types of people. We see it time and time again that a pedigree is questioned and sadly we are now seeing many puppies not being what they say the are on their pedigrees due to the ability to now have a parentage DNA test done.