Do Not Vote For Labour In Victoria

Steve

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess for me it is about getting rid of the one that has been tried and found to fail, and running with the slim hope that the next one might at least be a bit different, more amenable and aware of "people", their needs and concerns. IOW, I think Labor is the more dangerous of the two, so a vote for the Libs is the likely course for me.

I think given some support and education that labor nationals would only be too glad to not support more power to the RSPCA. But you can't expect them to sand up and say no, when no one is saying that is what they want (and they are not reading DOL LOL). Whre is the ANKC making a stand? Where are the breed clubs and resecue in Victoria making a stand, wehre qre all the pet owners? Has any group gone to the Libs/Nats and said we need help is a very bad bill.

Over all Lib/Nationals would be far more likely to understand and do something than Labor now run by the Greens.

The rest is then up to us, making ourselves heard, not just in Vic but across the country.

So I guess for me it is about getting rid of the one that has been tried and found to fail, and running with the slim hope that the next one might at least be a bit different, more amenable and aware of "people", their needs and concerns. IOW, I think Labor is the more dangerous of the two, so a vote for the Libs is the likely course for me.

I think given some support and education that labor nationals would only be too glad to not support more power to the RSPCA. But you can't expect them to sand up and say no, when no one is saying that is what they want (and they are not reading DOL LOL). Whre is the ANKC making a stand? Where are the breed clubs and resecue in Victoria making a stand, wehre qre all the pet owners? Has any group gone to the Libs/Nats and said we need help is a very bad bill.

Over all Lib/Nationals would be far more likely to understand and do something than Labor now run by the Greens.

The rest is then up to us, making ourselves heard, not just in Vic but across the country.

vicdogs has said they support the RSPCA in petitioning for more laws. Not a chance any help is coming from them.

There's slightly more to voting than just dog related stuff.

That's right and labor still doesn't get my vote.

Same here - I was surprised at the wide variety of choices we had here in our electorate. Why on Earth the Greens would nominate a runner here is beyond me though - waste of money :)

Hopefully Kaye Darvenizar will lose her seat this election!

vicdogs has said they support the RSPCA in petitioning for more laws. Not a chance any help is coming from them.

Well there you go, our organization working in our interests. Was there a vote taken in Victoria by the members and they wanted to support this bill?

Can some body go check the use by date of DogVic, I think it is stamped on one of the big shots bums.

Edited by shortstep

Sorry Victorians, looked you are going to be thoroughly screwed no matter what. The rest of the states will follow. I have given up the idea of going back into showing/breeding, now I am not even sure it will be worth the potential drama to even own a dog. I was a lifelong labour voter via my greens and independent preferences. How bad have things gotten when Family First looks to be the best of them :)

I was thinking about taking the petition (RSPCA to be accountable) down when I go to vote, and stand (at a distance) and perhaps grab some signatures on the way in or out.

Something tells me this would be poor show though - snatching people's attentions when they are only going somewhere they have to but not necessarily want to.

And I'm not sure that it isn't against the law.

Is it?

I postal voted and i can honestly say it was the most agonising descision i have had to make since the last bloody election.

I had to sit there and go through all the policies on the internet and all i can say is what a load of cr*p.

In the end i picked the least worst and worked from there as i wasn't really happy on anyone. Labor were last though. I cannot stand them and their candidate for our area. :mad

It's a real shame. I'm a Labor girl, and a lot of that article sounds great, i.e. the compulsory desexing of pet shop pets, extending the amount of time animals can stay in a shelter in hopes they'll be adopted, and so on, but it's really sad that there is just one or two lines that present a really horrible outcome to ethical breeders. Perhaps they should be amended rather than scrapped? Something like only registered breeders are allowed more than three bitches for breeding or something? And that thing about the RSPCA is scarym ability to seize dogs whenever they please? Yikes!