Do Not Vote For Labour In Victoria

Steve

Labor may be out, but you can't get complacent, still a lot of work to do stopping the libs bringing in equally damaging legislation.

There certainly is.

One of the things that dog people will be hearing is that it was all Labor's fault, all Labor's doing.

They now need to put the pressure on their new government to get some balance and commonsense back into animal legislation in Vic - SOONER rather than later, before the new government gets complacent.

Let's hope that in the coming months other states' voters follow the Victorian trend - its been a very long Labor drought and the place needs a clean out.

Souff

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to sound too cynical, but it just doesn't seem to me that the plight of the dog breeder is too high on the list of priorities for state politicians. It looks to me like they all want to extend further powers to the RSPCA to shift the responsibility.

I think you are right Adrian, instead of really taking charge they want to pass the buck by just giving the rspca more power. Trouble is to the general public it looks like they are actually addressing welfare issues, and there are a lot less of us who know the truth so they aren't worried about us as a demographic. It will take a hell of a politician to actually do something because it will be enormously expensive to take back policing of animal laws.

It's a bit surreal, Libs are making a victory speech, but Labor is refusing to concede defeat and have been called arrogant for not stealing away gracefully. But wait, now they say the outcome is not yet clear, and we could have a hung Parliament. Not such a bad thing in some ways, makes them work a bit more attentively as the Fed Govt has to do.

Edit to add: jdavis you are right about the buck-pass. It was the same with One Billion Trees. It was a great initiative but they didn't have the courage to carry it in case there was a backlash from landowners. The whole thing was passed to Greening Australia to run with, so that the Govt could distance themselves from any flak. (That was Fed not State, but same principle - or lack of!)

Edited by PossumCorner

Labor may be out, but you can't get complacent, still a lot of work to do stopping the libs bringing in equally damaging legislation.

There certainly is.

One of the things that dog people will be hearing is that it was all Labor's fault, all Labor's doing.

They now need to put the pressure on their new government to get some balance and commonsense back into animal legislation in Vic - SOONER rather than later, before the new government gets complacent.

Let's hope that in the coming months other states' voters follow the Victorian trend - its been a very long Labor drought and the place needs a clean out.

Souff

Completely agree. The upside is that instead of talking with them as a party in opposition, we might talk to them as a party in Government. We have the hope that they will be more willing and able to listen. Hope, though. Not a guarantee.

I don't want to sound too cynical, but it just doesn't seem to me that the plight of the dog breeder is too high on the list of priorities for state politicians. It looks to me like they all want to extend further powers to the RSPCA to shift the responsibility.

The plight of the dog breeder is not high on their list of priorities but they had best be aware that there are a hell of a lot of dog owners in their electorates and they are about to be educated about getting more vocal about qasi police forces. Numbers equal the only currency they think about - votes.

Join the MDBA.

Greens preferenced to Labor. Nationals of course went with Lib and SEX party preferenced with Lib. I'm not sure which way the independants are going but of course that hinges on whether any actually got in.

Both Bendigo East and West retained Labor for another term. :champagne: Although to be honest i don't really have an objection to the Labor leader for our seat it's just that i dislike their policies and the way they have screwed so many country people over. Pipeline and desal plant being two of the projects that went ahead under protest.

I must say i am really disappointed at how the election has panned out.

Excuse my ignorance, but what has the Liberal party committed to as far as reversing/changing dog laws etc????

I just would rather not vote based soley on dogs, but for other policies (in no particular order) on health, education, roads, a strong economy, employment options, environment, police etc. Regardless of what party I feel has the strongest policies.

:rolleyes:

DITTO.

Excuse my ignorance, but what has the Liberal party committed to as far as reversing/changing dog laws etc????

Nothing... but even if they did commit, it means nothing as they always backflip on that kind of stuff.

Excuse my ignorance, but what has the Liberal party committed to as far as reversing/changing dog laws etc???? :laugh:

Nothing. But Labor has proven itself time over to (a) bring in dog laws that are unfair, unjust, sometimes unworkable and sometimes just downright silly and (b) to not listen to the people who put up excellent reasons as to why those laws are unfair, unjust, unworkable and just downright silly.

So might as well give the other party a chance to prove itself.

Excuse my ignorance, but what has the Liberal party committed to as far as reversing/changing dog laws etc???? :laugh:

Nothing. But Labor has proven itself time over to (a) bring in dog laws that are unfair, unjust, sometimes unworkable and sometimes just downright silly and (b) to not listen to the people who put up excellent reasons as to why those laws are unfair, unjust, unworkable and just downright silly.

So might as well give the other party a chance to prove itself.

I just hope it's not at the expense of everyday living :o

I just hope it's not at the expense of everyday living :laugh:

Well put it this way ..... I didn't vote for the Sex Party. Although I guess one could say that their policies could serve to enhance every day living, lol.

I just hope it's not at the expense of everyday living :o

Well put it this way ..... I didn't vote for the Sex Party. Although I guess one could say that their policies could serve to enhance every day living, lol.

I did :o I think most of their policies are actually fantastic! Shame many are unrealistic for Victoria but I can dream.....

And yes, I know they preferenced Liberal. So I can sleep at night :laugh: I didn't vote directly Liberal (couldn't do it, wouldn't do it. Ever).