Apparently All Dogs Get Cysts Where They Get A Cut?

SeeGee

Hi everyone,

Mia and Charlie often play rough, and this time, Mia has lost a small patch of hair near her eye. It doesnt actually touch where the eye is at all, and its like its been waxed, there is no cut per say, just a patch of skin with no hair, it didnt bleed, just went red. As it didnt bleed, I just made sure it was clean and left it. Its about this ___ long and this -- wide.

A girl at work has told me that all dogs get cysts where they get a cut and that I should have put silver spray (?) on it. I dont have silver spray though i have heard of it (if its the stuff im thinking of). Charlie has never gotten a cyst when he has had a cut before?! Have I missed something?? I didnt think this was the case.

Id love it if anyone would set me straight - thoughts/opinions.

Thanks

Jacqui

nah ive left it. the girl at work was saying that it would develop into a cyst ?? I thought that was a little odd.

Me too.

I know lots of cysts that have developed without any cut or injury tho. :champagne:

Mind you, we did have a cat get a huge infected cyst after an encounter with another cat. But that is a bit different.

cool....As long as i wasnt missng anything. this girl has a family member who is a breeder so perhaps is more pedantic about a small cut, to ensure her pups are sold knowing she has done everything she can to prevent anything? I dont know.

but thanks everyone, Im not going mad :champagne: