Litters Due In January 2011

Rottsup

Thank you for the suggestions.

She doesn't have a bandage luckily, and I can barely find a free teat (or one she will let me get to anyway) to express.

Have just given Rescue Remedy.

Was thinking of perhaps giving each pup a wash? That way they would smell the same?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to express some milk of her and rub it on pup

I just tried giving her a squeeze and I couldn't get any from her. She must have milk though, the pups did gain weight on their weigh today.

Finally got a good teat with milk in there. Tried to get as much as I could out and smeared it on her head and down her back. She was feeding her (forced by me) while I was doing this. I really hope this works, as I think I've just about exhausted the other suggestions offered. ;)

Just keep doing what you are doing Paps, she will eventually accept the pup back again. Neapolitans are terrible for not accepting pups and we go into a litter expecting to have to hold the bitch down and put the pups on her for at least the first few days, generally the bitch cottons on (or gives up :eek: ) after a few days and continues on her own.

You're doing good Paps ;)

Mina is home in relatively good spirits, she is a little unsettled as to be expected. I am completely exhausted, fell asleep on the couch at 4pm and OH woke me with my baby girl at 8:30. he said she had everyone rounded up at the clinic when he went to get her :laugh:

Since putting the milk on the girl pup, the girl pup wandered over again to get a feed.

Portia did growl at her again. She was feeding all the others so didn't get up to run away.

The thing is, she is still licking her rear end to toilet her, but nothing else. If she was to reject the pup completely, would she have stopped toileting her?

Since putting the milk on the girl pup, the girl pup wandered over again to get a feed.

Portia did growl at her again. She was feeding all the others so didn't get up to run away.

The thing is, she is still licking her rear end to toilet her, but nothing else. If she was to reject the pup completely, would she have stopped toileting her?

Just put her in amongst the other pups and don't make a fuss. You really are going to have to let Portia know that this behaviour is not on!!! If she is cleaning the pup then she hasn't rejected it but she needs to know that you won't put up with this behaviour...The pup is still gaining weight and is still strong isn't it?.....Sometimes you have to be hard to be kind!

Yep, I've been trying to put the other pups on top of this one to get some smell to rub off but it's not doing the trick.

When she does growl I do tell Portia off and use my mean voice and hold her if she tries to run off when girl puppy comes for a feed.

I'm really hoping she gets over this soon and just gives in. I'm not letting her get her way.

ETA - Pup is gaining and is probably one of the more energetic ones. 2 gained 14g, she gained 4g and one gained 3g today. She is the biggest pup at the moment.

Edited by Paptacular!

Just stop stressing out, the bitch will be picking up on your total panic and no doubt you're vibes are not doing her any favours.

As long as she's toileting and baby is putting on wait and she's not being overly agressive she will settle down.

:eek:

Just stop stressing out, the bitch will be picking up on your total panic and no doubt you're vibes are not doing her any favours.

As long as she's toileting and baby is putting on wait and she's not being overly agressive she will settle down.

:eek:

I totally agree Aziah! :laugh:

Big weight gains today.... 2 gained 11g and 2 gained 13g.

Little girl is definitely the most wiggly and the most noisy. She doesn't like being weighed at all and was difficult to actually try and pinpoint it with all the moving and shuffling numbers on the scale!

Big weight gains today.... 2 gained 11g and 2 gained 13g.

Little girl is definitely the most wiggly and the most noisy. She doesn't like being weighed at all and was difficult to actually try and pinpoint it with all the moving and shuffling numbers on the scale!

She's fiesty.!...that's good!!!! they should all go from strength to strength now,... mum's milk would be well and truly down, so no more fussing and no more facewasher baths, that's mums job!!!!!

You,... try and relax and let Portia take charge, she will do a good job, it's in the genes...

You've done well!!!! give yourself a pat on the back, first litters are always a big shock to the system (ours, and mums as well) and you suddenly realise that it's not just a case of putting 2 dogs together.. :D

I think it has helped, yes. She's allowed out for short breaks but most of her time is spent in the pen in the lounge now.

I weighed today when I got home and I obviously caught someone just after a feed.... 30g weight gain from yesterday!!! :coffee:

:confused::whiteflag: