Litters Due In Febuary 2011

Bilbo Baggins

Congrats to Paps & kemulvak on your early, safe arrivals!!

~nerves settling in here~ :rolleyes:

due this Saturday.........Maternity haircut on Monday night & my mentor predicted babies today. Still no temp drop, no change in behaviour, no change in appetite. She has milk & had a slight showing on Monday afternoon.

Have double checked that I have all the whelping supplies I need (about 100 times).

Constantly checking her belly to make sure the babies are still moving.

WAITING SUCKS! LOL

ETA - My mentor is concerned that she doesnt quite have a big enough pelvis to whelp naturally.........Vets number on speedial just in case!

Can you clarify what you mean by "slight showing" please?

They were my mentor's words. I took it to mean that the area around her vulva was a little mucky - not from urine but from a clear discharge that had caused a little bit of her fur to stick together.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news yet gone troppo?

Weeeelllll - after a long Friday of stage one labour, three hours with my mentor assisting in stage two, it was decided that she could not whelp without vet intervention! She had two pups presenting together & one was breech, so it was the right decison. :rofl:

So we trotted off to the vet just after 8.30pm and drove in at home at 10.30 with four healthy babies. Two boys & two girls. All babies have gained weight solidly since Friday :) and mum has taken to them like a seasoned pro!

Just now have to convince mum that she needs to eat some solid food instead of the liquid diet that she has been on.

Suggestions please?

Have tried:

Tuna,

puppy food,

scrambled egg,

roast pork,

ham,

bacon,

BBQ Chicken

(Vet told me cat food, but havent tried that yet)

She will eat a little bit then spit it out and not go near it again - very frustrating!

Hello Everyone :)

I haven't put mine up here but would love to announce the safe arrival of 7 handsome whippet boys early this morning!

mum and babies are all fine, now to think of the names..........lol!

Big congratulations Kanati! (names are good fun!)

Hello Everyone :)

I haven't put mine up here but would love to announce the safe arrival of 7 handsome whippet boys early this morning!

Big congratulations Kanati! (names are good fun!)

lol....yes they should be i hope!

glad to hear your little ones are well, as far as mum.....you've tried all the foods i would have!

Hope her appetite comes back soon

Hello Everyone ;)

Well done, wow 7 boys. Do whippets always have such large litters?

Can't help with the eating gone troppo, mine always eat me out of house and home right from the start, I do give them egg yolk and milk while they are whelping and when they are finished. They love it!!!

Edited by dunnwarren

Hello Everyone :rainbowbridge:

Well done, wow 7 boys. Do whippets always have such large litters?

Can't help with the eating gone troppo, mine always eat me out of house and home right from the start, I do give them egg yolk and milk while they are whelping and when they are finished. They love it!!!

My whippets are the same...they would never turn down a meal! :rainbowbridge:

My girls have had anything from 4 pups up to 11 pups (and that was my little girl! :rainbowbridge: )