Anything Else?

Steve

O.K. Everyone has been great and come in on all kinds of topics we might be able to active in to make a difference to our dogs and we already have some working parties coming together and one at work.

Is there anything else you think we might do well to take a long look at ?

Yep I was just being lazy and hoping you would do it for me. :grouphug:

So far we have pet shops

Tenants with Pets

Irresponsible Dog Owners

Registered Breeders

Canine Good Manners

Science Research

Positive Exposure for our dogs

General isses re dumpage rates - not inlcuding tenancy issues

Anything else ?

I think Councils could be listed as another issue. Communication. Working in conjunction with (or more particularly, allowing us to work in conjunction with - or at least sifting through and remedying reasons why they feel they can't).

I think Councils could be listed as another issue. Communication. Working in conjunction with (or more particularly, allowing us to work in conjunction with - or at least sifting through and remedying reasons why they feel they can't).

I'd like to see this topic become "Dogs in the Community" or similar.

There are quite a few issues that arise for dog owners and dogs in their wider communities - barking, on and offleash areas, pounds, number of dogs etc.

I'm quite passionate about this one Steve and would like to be involved in any working group if it expands out to wider community issues.

i think dumpage is a public education issue

how has it come about that in so many quarters that its being slated to the actual breeder of the dumped dog being treated as the cause is a bit beyond me?

Compulsary health testing, breed specific, for anyone who breeds dogs.

Not just registered breeders.

Meaning the puppy farmers,BYB hobby & cross breeders would have to have their breeds tested for common, testable issues known in their breed.

eg, cavalier x poodle would have to have all health tests for all issues in both breed.

shepherd x retriever, hip Xrays & PRA etc.

Probably not feasible but nice if it was. Would stop a lot of them in their tracks.

If registered breeders have to do it all should have to do it.

Meaning the puppy farmers,BYB hobby & cross breeders would have to have their breeds tested for common, testable issues known in their breed.

eg, cavalier x poodle would have to have all health tests for all issues in both breed.

Probably not feasible but nice if it was. Would stop a lot of them in their tracks.

Do registered breeders have to do it? Not many.

I thought hip scores & PRA were compulsary for some breeds ?

Not sure about what else.

I thought hip scores & PRA were compulsary for some breeds ?

Not sure about what else.

Hip scores and elbow scores and maybe one or two others in very few breeds is compulsory before a litter is regsitered but any result can still be used in a breeding program.

There are very few mandatory tests required by registered breeders.