Artemis + Stools

SSS

To me it sounds like she is a bit constipated and that will happen if the stools are to dry. Not all commercial foods agree with all dogs. Change her (not everyone) back to your old one and see how she goes.

Edited by AmandaJ

Can you add some warm water to the dry food when you feed it???

I boil chicken up with lots of water and use the chicken juices to add over the dry food which definitely helps with this problem.

It is something I always do with dry dogfood as I was advised to do it by one of the manufacturers consultants.

It works for my lot!

White crumbly stools are usually caused by the bone content of the diet. If she is constipated add more vegies/meat, pumpkin is good. You may need to juggle her diet to adjust the bone. If she isn't constipated, I wouldn't be too concerned.

White crumbly stools are usually caused by the bone content of the diet. If she is constipated add more vegies/meat, pumpkin is good. You may need to juggle her diet to adjust the bone. If she isn't constipated, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Was going to say this. My guys can get the dry, white stools after having had bones, and every now and then can get a little constipated if I give them too much. Instead of a whole bone, I split say lamp flaps in 2-3.

My rotty girl is on the osopure, the other 2 are on canidae currently, but have been on maximal (and will probably go back to it as I can get it cheaper and they're no different on the canidae), and I've had no issues with constipation unless giving them bones, and it doesn't seem to matter what dry they're on.