Black Hawk

sheena

I am about to start my 3 yo border collie girl on BH. Currently she is getting Vets All Natural plus meat & meaty bones. She also gets daily Dr. Bruces Joint formula as a preventative for her joints as she is a very active dog participating in agility & herding & Livamol to keep her coat a nice deep chocolate colour. Also one fish oil capsule daily. I will be feeding her the BH with raw meat & RMB's.

Should it be necessary to keep up the supplements or will I be overdosing her :cry: She still has 5 kilos of VAN to get through, so I will be alternating between the two until it is all gone.

I posted this on one of the other BH threads, but got no comment :cry:

Guest belgian.blue

I've never added any supplements to my dogs food, except olive oil for flaky skin, which seems to been cured.

it's up to you what you feed her, but if she's doing so well on her current diet why change?

The main reason for changing is that the VAN is such a sloppy food, that I wonder if it is the best thing for her teeth. She has been on it now for over 12 months & had a vet check a couple of weeks ago & she said she had lovely teeth & was in excellent condition, but I still am worried about the long term affect of having sloppy food each night. She gets RMB's as well each day & with all this talk about Black Hawk, it started me thinking that a more chewy meal might be better for her in the long run.

it started me thinking that a more chewy meal might be better for her in the long run.

You know dogs that chew dry food :o

Mine have had Black Hawk recently and they definitely don't do any chewing (they also get RMB).

No arguments with the quality of the food

it started me thinking that a more chewy meal might be better for her in the long run.

You know dogs that chew dry food :)

Mine have had Black Hawk recently and they definitely don't do any chewing (they also get RMB).

No arguments with the quality of the food

Gave her the BH sample for dinner last night with the usual meat mixed in....she likes a "silver service" type meal...one that she can eat slowly & enjoy every mouthful.

She kept going back to the empty dish just in case she'd missed a bit. :o

Guest belgian.blue
Mine loved the sample so when I get organised I will be ordering some big bags - which will last a while. It may be after christmas but not sure yet :(

My offer still stands if you need help getting them to the depot in Bentley :mad

Mine loved the sample so when I get organised I will be ordering some big bags - which will last a while. It may be after christmas but not sure yet :thumbsup:

My offer still stands if you need help getting them to the depot in Bentley :(

Thanks BB at this point I have it organised (I think!), but if I have a problem I will definately call on your for help ;)