Dog Food

bonnie22

Hi there everyone,

:( I need your help with what to feed my fussy dog. I have had to throw out numerous pks of dried dog food as my Maltese will not eat any. I have tried several brands and have left the food down for a while and taken it away and tried he with it again. No luck. I have now been giving her my dog and of course she eats that. I know she is still hungry and this is not filling her )I use the small disposable tins)as she follows me around and waits in the kitchen. Would apreciate your help and advice, many thanks Bonnie

Hi Bonnie22,

If you are trying any of the Super-Premiums (Nutrience, Hills, Eukanuba, Royal Canin, Proplan etc), they all have a 100% money back guarantee. Just keep the receipt and take the unused portion back to the store for a refund!

• 2 weeks later...

What is it that makes you think she is only being fussy? How is your dog, health wise? Is she a good weight and does her weight reflect the amount of food she eats? What are her stools like? (eg Firm; soft; colour?; volume).

I understant totally where you are coming from. I too thought I had the most fussiet little eater in the world. Wouldn't touch any dry food, would go on and off wet food. Was driving me crazy. I was so sick and tired of wasting food that he wouldn't eat after a couple of days. So I decided to pick and dry food and stick with it. Gathered at least I can keep offering him the same portion for days on and end and not have to worry about it spoiling.

So I decided on the Black Hawk Holistic, as I had tried almost every other kind on the market up to this point. And he like it. He has never been food motivated but at least he will eat it. His coat has improved out of sight, we have had big issues with dry flakey itchy skin, with dry hair. It's not super soft and shiny, and his skin is moist. He has gained some weight,even though only eating about 1/2 - 3/4 cup a day (he is only 7kg mind you). I feel so releaved and feel like I can now stop worrying about him.

My only advice for a fussy small dog, is to be strong, pick 1 food, stick with it. I found the more I tried adding wet foods to make his dry more appealing, the more fussier he got.

You could maybe try adding a little hot water to soften it to begin with until he get used to it.

Good luck, I know how fustrating it is.