Question About Clippers

I bought these (Lazor RX 30 Watt Animal Clippers from clipperworld

http://www.clipperworld.com.au/shop/index....p;productId=290

It came with two blades. However i thought you have to have plastic heads for the blades as well to get different length.

It didn't come with it, so i have to go somewhere to buy them separately? Are they univeral fit?

you can't just use the clipper without the head right?

thanks

I bought these (Lazor RX 30 Watt Animal Clippers from clipperworld

http://www.clipperworld.com.au/shop/index....p;productId=290

It came with two blades. However i thought you have to have plastic heads for the blades as well to get different length.

It didn't come with it, so i have to go somewhere to buy them separately? Are they univeral fit?

you can't just use the clipper without the head right?

thanks

I'm not quite sure that I understand your post, but yes you can use the clippers just as they are, the two blades cut to different lengths, you do not need to use plastic heads (I presume you mean combs?). However if you want to use combs most of them fit all standard clippers.

Edited by Miranda

Do the blades have numbers?

Combs to change cutting length would generally be fitted to a close cutting blade like a 40#

Yeh they do

2 blades 1mm and 3mm

isn't that way too short though?

i was talking about those plastic combs.

something like this

plastic-haircut-clipper-guider-combs-kit-15630n.jpg

The two blades you have are roughly the equivalent of a 15F and a 7F (I use Osters).

Do you want to clip the SWF in your avatar? Do you want to do a full body clip? If so I would recommend a 5F blade.

Do the blades have numbers?

Combs to change cutting length would generally be fitted to a close cutting blade like a 40#

Yeh they do

2 blades 1mm and 3mm

isn't that way too short though?

i was talking about those plastic combs.

something like this

plastic-haircut-clipper-guider-combs-kit-15630n.jpg

The two blades you have are roughly the equivalent of a 15F and a 7F (I use Osters).

Do you want to clip the SWF in your avatar? Do you want to do a full body clip? If so I would recommend a 5F blade.

Well i have two dogs now. One is a maltese X and the otherone is a pure maltese with a much thicker and longer coat.

Instead of buying a different blade isn't it possible to just buy the attachable plastic combs to achieve longer hair cuts?

If you use the 3mm blade with the lay of the hair the results will be similar to clipping with a 5F. Combs only work efficiently on very close blades such as a 30 or 40, if you use them on any of the other blades they have a tendency to catch on the hair.

Edited by Miranda

I prefer using different blades rather than combs but you may find them ok just for 2 dogs.

You do need to use a very close blade with them though as others have said and you will need to make sure the combs you buy fit properly onto the blades as it can be a bit of an "oh bugger" moment if they come off during use. The coat needs to be completely matt and tangle free to use them. I would go for the wahl stainless steel combs and they must be used with a #10, #15 or #30 blade.

Instead of buying a different blade isn't it possible to just buy the attachable plastic combs to achieve longer hair cuts?

Yes Clipperworld sell them. I recommend the the metal tooth combs but I dont know which ones will fit your clippers

http://www.clipperworld.com.au/shop/index....at&catId=39

I think you are meant to use them over a #30. I usually use mine over a #10 and they work fine. I like being able to adjust the length and the comb means that the blade isnt directly on the dog which is good for a novice like me

If you use the 3mm blade with the lay of the hair the results will be similar to clipping with a 5F. Combs only work efficiently on very close blades such as a 30 or 40, if you use them on any of the other blades they have a tendency to catch on the hair.

Hi Miranda

can i ask what you mean by "If you use the 3mm blade with the lay of the hair"?

Hi Miranda

can i ask what you mean by "If you use the 3mm blade with the lay of the hair"?

using the clippers in the direction the coat grows, going against the lay of the hair will result in a shorter clip eg a 7f against the coat will give a similar length to a 10# with the lay of hair.

The combs are useless. I prefer using different sized blades. It will give you a neater result,

If I am rushing I will admit the coat can look "choppy" but I usually clip them short and they look Ok :( I still get lots of lovely comments at the park.

I probably would be better off buying a 7F but the combs give me a good range of lengths whilst using the blades I already have (therefore saving me a few bucks :o .) For feet, face and tail I use a plain old #15