Proud Mummy Show Moment

Toolz

hope this is the right place to put this but i have to show off.. my 9yr old son stepped into the ring today for his first ever show and picked up a 3rd in the child handler and also showed the dog that got reserve best of breed in the open section in the ribbon parade...

im sooo proud of him!!!

During judging for open dog in breed in the ribbon parade..

DSC00322.jpg

Leaving the ring after getting Reserve dog in breed in the ribbon parade..

DSC00335.jpg

Competing for Child handler...

DSC00291.jpg

thank you very much.. he is very proud of himself and so are we.. i think he looked rather handsome in his suit.. he has decided that he is more interested in breed specific showing rather than child/junior handler so that is the path we will now go down.. now to see if we can find him a dog of his own to show rather than keep borrowing other peoples lol

thanks. hes not 100% sold on a breed yet but is interested in trying ACD's which hopefully wont be to hard to get our hands on. the lady whose dog he borrowed today (who also happens to be a good friend of mine and the person that is showing him the ropes) has a friend who breeds ACD's that has said he may be able to borrow one of hers and then hopefully if he gets sold on them we can talk to her about buying one for him..

I already saw them on FB, but he looks great! It'll still be worthwhile doing young kennel club stuff, as it's still only about showing a dog in the breed ring, it's just all about helping them be BETTER at showing their breed in the breed ring!!! And it's nice for the kids to have their own class that's about the handling as much as the quality of the dog [as unfortunately, no matter what people say, a lot of the judging of the dog in breed shows, is also judging the face on the other end of the lead] at least in the YKC ring he can get a chance to be up in front of judges where they're SUPPOSED to be looking at the people handling the dog! LOL! Most shows hold a YKC class during the lunch break of a normal champ show, so he can still do both with his own dog (if he gets one) :laugh: