Wahl Nail Grinder And Polisher

sas I do my bordeaux's nails with a dremel, what head do you use? OH has a plug in one though not a cordless and we can cut thin metal with it :( I use a solid grinding head not the sandpaper ones and it works really well, just dont keep it on too long or it creates a lot of heat

Dremel-932-rw-95652-161533.jpg

I also prefer something like a Dremel or Oster Nail Grinder made for dogs.

What I didn't like about the little Wahl nail clipper was that while it might have been high quality, I knew it wouldn't have much power if powered by a battery. The main put off is the fact that you can't exchange the stone for the sandpaper cylinder, the space won't accommodate it. I prefer the sandpaper because it doesn't heat up as fast as the stones although they are nice for a beautiful finish on a show dog.

The Dremel unit has an accessory that is fantastic to have, that's the stand that allows you to hang the unit up and use a downtube to which you attach your preferred grinding head.

If you are doing a few dogs, you are not holding the full weight of the unit in your hand, merely the thin end to the downtube which is much easier to hold for an extended time.

The only draw back is that the Dremel accessory costs about $100---the same as the Dremel itself so it makes it a $200 investment.

I found a cheaper alternative. Supercheap Auto Supply has a tool similar to a Dremel that retails for under $50 and if you wait until they have a 20% off sale you can pick it up for about $35 and the beauty is---it comes with the downtube accessory and the unit hanger. In heavy use, in a salon, they last for about 2 years.

It's a really inexpensive way for everyone to have a professional tool at their disposal.