Kennel Owners

Niques

Hi guys,

My dog is currently in a Brisbane kennel that I suspect to be flooded (the road's been closed since early yesterday and was fairly well-flooded when we dropped him off on Monday). I can't get hold of them by phone to see if all is well so I assume they're extremely stretched employee-wise. I know there are a couple of people here who run kennels - what generally happens in emergencies? Can the animals be evacuated and if so, to what sort of facilities?

Just after a general idea - would love to know anything about the situation as I'm getting very worried and feel fairly useless at present :laugh:

I will be honest & say some have good plans some don't.

It really comes down to the time frame as well & the actual issue it self

We certainly have plans here for fire & area's that we would head to that are safe.

We ourselves many moons ago where on stand by to go & we where all packed & ready.

We have helped other kennels to evacuate & in each case all has went well with no issues at all.

The dog/kennel world band together very well at these times when possible

There is a thread somewhere saying a kennel was needing help and had evacuated all dogs

That was at Goodna...did we hear if they got them all out successfully? I can't find the original thread.

The OP said they had enough hands on deck to get the dogs out.

This one?

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=213059

Edited by raz

Also another reason you might not be able to get thru to the kennels on the phone is alot of people cant call out on land lines cause of the water in the lines. I hope you find out how your dog is ASAP I would be an absolute mess with worry if I were you!

The house is completely underwater but all calls had been diverted to Barbs mobile, this was done by the phone company so calls should get through otherwise Barb was trying to ring everyone who had dogs there to either try and get them to pick them up or advise them where they were as other kennels over in a safe part of the city also have taken dogs

All dogs, cats and one cute bird that kept asking what are you doing are safe and well

During the time we had kennels in the Yarra Valley we were prepared to evacutate once due to fires, we had already organised people we knew in the dog world to be on call with dog floats and crates and had accomodation organised this plan was in place prior to any problems occuring so we were always ready to go if need be.