Sore In Front Legs/shoulder Joints

boxagirl

I havn't paid bill yet but will have paid for them by wednesday.

:thumbsup: Vet said they need to keep xrays for 7 years for their records..

Tell them to photocopy the report and keep it in their records - you paid for the x-rays - the dog is yours and the x-rays should be yours too. Sorry but I would fight for these.

You have every right to take these x-rays to a chiropractor.

Here, I think the xrays technically belong to the vet - you're paying for the vet's diagnostic skills, not the xray itself. However, many vets I know will give a copy of the xrays to the client if requested, for good faith, if they are digital. Not sure how you'd go copying film xrays in order to retain sufficient detail for accurate interpretation, but that's not to say it can't be done - just that I don't know about it.

They may also let you take the xray temporarily in order to show the chiro, if you then bring it back to put in the files?

Perhaps ask the vet why you can't take the xray to show the chiro - do they not trust the chiro to interpret the xray properly or something, and if so, can they give you a written interpretation of your dog's condition to give to the chiro? Since surely the vet would like the chiro to be on the same page so far as diagnosis & treatment is concerned?

Yep, Staranais is correct - the X-Rays themselves belong to the Vet. Most Vets will let you take them for a referral though if you promise to bring them back! Some Vets are able to make copies for you to have (but not all have the facilities to do this).

My advice would be to ask nicely and promise you will bring them back!