Roofing For Dog Runs

Pockets

Hi guys

Hoping I can get some help, I am in the process over the next couple of weeks of concreting my dog runs...

I also want to get permenant and good quality colourbond roofing built for the dog runs and am not sure where to start or who I could contact to built me these roof...

Before any reccomendations are made, I am not going to do it myself! lol....I would rather pay someone professional to do it :rasberry:

I am looking at colourbond fencing covering 3 quarters of the dog pens, that are obviously slanted for water run off..

Any reccomendations of companies that can do this in Victoria would be much appreciated :laugh: and any photos of work you have had done by them would be fantastic :rofl:

There is a guy who advertises in the Trading post under "dog enclosure" - company name is Affordable Smart sheds that does what you are looking for. I bought one of his set ups from him a few years ago... The only problem we had was it did leak like a sieve. We have since built new runs. Will post photos shortly - we had another guy in Lancefield (advertises on Ebay) do the runs for us.

post-8259-1295569391_thumb.jpg

The problem with that is that I already have the dog runs, I don't need them, just someone to build the roof, back and sides for weather protection ....

I already contacted the guy in Lancefield and he does do this, but he has a waiting list at the moment of 3.5 months :confused:

Your new runs look awesome :eek:

The problem with that is that I already have the dog runs, I don't need them, just someone to build the roof, back and sides for weather protection ....

I already contacted the guy in Lancefield and he does do this, but he has a waiting list at the moment of 3.5 months :love:

Your new runs look awesome :)

It think we had to wait 8 weeks for ours. He is good though.

ravensmyst00, what's inside the shed like?

Wonder why the first one leaked?

The first one leaked because the roof didn't over lap the walls and the water went straight down the open edges of the walls. It also leaked at the hinge point for the kennel roof.

Will post pics of the inside of the new kennels shortly.

These are our current runs... Colourbond shed provides undercover quarters.

post-8259-1295569769_thumb.jpg

This is the inside just after we finished it.

Dogs now have bedding inside and dog doors have since been framed.

post-8259-1295650074_thumb.jpg

:love: They are excellent runs raven.

I think we should have a dog run thread. :)

These are our current runs... Colourbond shed provides undercover quarters.

post-8259-1295569769_thumb.jpg

This is the inside just after we finished it.

Dogs now have bedding inside and dog doors have since been framed.

post-8259-1295650074_thumb.jpg

:love: They are excellent runs raven.

I think we should have a dog run thread. :)

Thanks. My OH designed them according to what we needed. I'm pretty pleased with them.

If we are talking ideal, google 'Spanline' and have a look at climatec insulated roofing. These are insulated colorbond roofing panels. I think from memory (from talking to a cousin who just installed a deck with this as roofing) the panels are about 5.8 metres long and only need supports each end for that span. IMO this insulated roofing would be much better run cover than straight colorbond as it would keep the runs MUCH cooler - and less issues with condensation dripping underneath in winter. That is if you can afford it.

If we are talking ideal, google 'Spanline' and have a look at climatec insulated roofing. These are insulated colorbond roofing panels. I think from memory (from talking to a cousin who just installed a deck with this as roofing) the panels are about 5.8 metres long and only need supports each end for that span. IMO this insulated roofing would be much better run cover than straight colorbond as it would keep the runs MUCH cooler - and less issues with condensation dripping underneath in winter. That is if you can afford it.

Insulation of the roof and walls are next on the list for completion along with doors for the dog doors before winter and rubber matting for the floors inside. As well as custom beds that can be bolted to the ground. Automatic watering system is on the books for install next year as well as cupboards for storage. So still lots to do.

Do you know what the costs of Spanline (sp?) is? I would be interested if it is going to be cooler for the dogs, as I agree colourbond would heat up...not fussed about cost, because I want to do it properly :D

Those runs are awesome :thumbsup: life could be a dream!!!