Roofing For Dog Runs

Pockets

Guest bigdogg

It really wouldn't take much to do it yourself..

Just get some top hat (roof batons) in different sizes.. That will create the fall..

Screw the top hats to the existing dog runs and screw the colour-bond to that.

Just finished a roof, back and 1/2 walls on a 6m x 4m kennel. Only took a couple of hours.. (mine was second hand tin though..)

Speaking of dog pens, I have my Aussie pup arriving in 7 weeks. Would you guys say this is a big enough pen to leave it in while we are at work? link

Assuming it gets exercised before hand.

Yep, but why can't the pup run around your yard?

I like these pens better. http://thetempfenceshop-px.rtrk.com.au/con...og-Fencing.html

Edited by pewithers

What about using a carport? It may end up being cheap then getting something custom made. If it overlaps the runs on the back and sides you might not need sides/backs either. My run is sitting up a roofed pergola and stays nice and dry.

These are our current runs... Colourbond shed provides undercover quarters.

post-8259-1295569769_thumb.jpg

This is the inside just after we finished it.

Dogs now have bedding inside and dog doors have since been framed.

post-8259-1295650074_thumb.jpg

Did you order the whole lot from the guy in Lancefield or did you buy the shed separately? Did it require council permit?

ETA what size are the individual pens ie 10m squared

Edited by dwilds

These are our current runs... Colourbond shed provides undercover quarters.

post-8259-1295569769_thumb.jpg

This is the inside just after we finished it.

Dogs now have bedding inside and dog doors have since been framed.

post-8259-1295650074_thumb.jpg

Did you order the whole lot from the guy in Lancefield or did you buy the shed separately? Did it require council permit?

ETA what size are the individual pens ie 10m squared

Shed was bought separately.

Runs were built to our specs by the guy in Lancefield. Pens are 3m x 1.7m. Permit required due to size of the Shed.

Yeah I was actually looking at the Skillion Carports, there are some places that build them to size and they seem ok :D just after some advice on what works best..

Although it may be easy to do it myself, I would rather pay someone to do it for me, as it will take me a while to do it :(

Speaking of dog pens, I have my Aussie pup arriving in 7 weeks. Would you guys say this is a big enough pen to leave it in while we are at work? link

Assuming it gets exercised before hand.

Yep, but why can't the pup run around your yard?

I like these pens better. http://thetempfenceshop-px.rtrk.com.au/con...og-Fencing.html

It's a huge property and only fenced with farm style wire fencing. Easily escapable.

Those pens are great! I asked for a quote and they work out about the same price as the ebay ones, but they look like much better quality. Thanks!