Prof Wyburn

TrinaJ

I had 2 of my dogs go through the whole thing with general anastetic and everything went well untill the Vet sent my xrays to Wyburn who as this thread explains he is ill.

Now the vet tells me they are trying to get my xrays back to send to AVA and have them done there but i wont hold my breath. Cost me $1200 for the 2 of them.

My vet is very experienced with manipulating the dogs for the best xrays. Hope this doesn't drag on for weeks and weeks.Bloody annoying.

:o

OMG that's disgusting!!! They cost me $250 for Hips/Elbows/Eye and Mouth certs (ie counting the teeth, making sure they scissor, and checking the eyes) + reading fee from Wyburn $120

TOTAL PER DOG = $370 all up.

I would ask you vet to justify $1200 for a simple x-ray under GA.

Edited by TrinaJ

Swanbrook's not alone in being charged prices like that - Neo cost me over $650 for hips and elbows. Unfortunately, some vets charge a hell of a lot more than others.

We are getting Feonix done, but I might hang off for a month and then re-assess what's happening with Wyburn.

I rang around half a dozen vets for prices in our area and the cheapest I could get was $450 per dog (that's just hips, under GA, no scoring- medium sized dogs). We ended up going with the closest, and because we had 6 dogs to do, they discounted to $500 per dog. Two of them were really badly positioned and not suitable for scoring, so we'll have to get them redone, unfortunately.

Anyone in Qld - My old boss was awesome at doing Hips/Elbows. She's a bit of a perfectionist, and if it's not 100% perfect, she will re-take the xray.

Dr Karin Mogg, Currimundi Vet Surgery, 698C Nicklin Way, Currimundi (Sunshine Coast) Qld, 4551.

She did my sister's dog (Labrador), and he was 1:1, 0:0. AVA scored it. :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I paid 243 today at applecross in perth for xrays and 90 for the reading of them through ava in canberra..

after speaking with my local vet, Dr Wyburn will not be reading xrays any time soon if ever at all... Its such sad news to hear of an illness taking away someones passion, I hope that he can still enjoy his retirement.

All the best Dr Wyburn

Edited by Sherlot