Xrays By Prof Wyburn

TrinaJ

Due to sudden illness Dr Wyburn's practice will be closed until further notice. Please pass on to anyone considering sending x-rays for reading. These will need to go to other readers until he is able to return (time unknown at this point)

cross posted with permission.

Edited by TrinaJ

Anyone know where to send them now that Dr Wyburn is ill? My xrays are on the way to WA and obviously they will now be returning. I haven't used anyone else for almost a decade.

I imagine I'm going to have to go back to the vet to get them to sign whatever new form I need but are there any other option than via the AVA etc?

Anyone know where to send them now that Dr Wyburn is ill? My xrays are on the way to WA and obviously they will now be returning. I haven't used anyone else for almost a decade.

I imagine I'm going to have to go back to the vet to get them to sign whatever new form I need but are there any other option than via the AVA etc?

This is so sad, I hope Dr Wyburn is going to be Ok, he is such a nice man.

As far as I know there is only AVA, and from what I hear you can get any one of a number of poeple reading them.

There is OFA in the states.

Also Cornell Uni in the US, which is a new program and I understand very reliable and not long waits to get results. I think I may give them a try. I will contact them and see if they will read email compatable xrays.

I have been in contact with Ann Wyburn today as I have 2 lots over there to be done at the moment. It's all got to be sent back now. :shrug: Been waiting 2 weeks.

She said hopefully everything will be back to normal in a few weeks, but I didn't pry into any more detail.

She said there are a few people apart from the AVA, but did not want to recommend anyone.

My vet mentioned someone by the name of Allen, they are in NSW but not sure where. Will be at the vet on Mon to get one of mine vacc, so will find out more detail then.

This is so sad, I hope Dr Wyburn is going to be Ok, he is such a nice man.

As far as I know there is only AVA, and from what I hear you can get any one of a number of poeple reading them.

There is OFA in the states.

Also Cornell Uni in the US, which is a new program and I understand very reliable and not long waits to get results. I think I may give them a try. I will contact them and see if they will read email compatable xrays.

Be interested to find out more on this.

Does anyone know the cost of OFA compared to our system? Or even what others in Aust charge, is it similar to Wyburn, as I've never used anyone else.

It is very expensive to get Graham Allen to read the plates!!!

I would try Dr Lavelle. other than that you would have to contact the AVA in your state and ask if they have an approved AVA list of readers.

I don't know if you are going thru your breed club as Drs Wyburn and Lavelle are our GSDCA two (2) accepted readers at this stage.

It is very expensive to get Graham Allen to read the plates!!!

I would try Dr Lavelle. other than that you would have to contact the AVA in your state and ask if they have an approved AVA list of readers.

I don't know if you are going thru your breed club as Drs Wyburn and Lavelle are our GSDCA two (2) accepted readers at this stage.

Thanks for that. Will check him out.

Lavelle Dr. Roger B. 250 Princes Hwy Werribee VIC 3030

Contact Number : (03) 9731 2000

Any idea if he will score them without them being done under GA? I have a friend who sent some to Prof Wyburn last week that weren't done with GA, so the AVA wouldn't be able to score them even if she gets them back.

Any idea if he will score them without them being done under GA? I have a friend who sent some to Prof Wyburn last week that weren't done with GA, so the AVA wouldn't be able to score them even if she gets them back.

How would they know if it's been done with GA or without?

The vet has to sign a declaration on the form to the AVA that states the X-Ray was taken under GA.

Wyburn's form does not have this on there and he is happy to score them without. Our vets never use GA (unless the owner requests it) if the dog will stay still for them and therefore send them all to Wyburn. One of mine that refused to held down was knocked out but my others have been done without.

Does anyone know the cost of OFA compared to our system? Or even what others in Aust charge, is it similar to Wyburn, as I've never used anyone else.

http://www.offa.org/pdf/hdappbw.pdf

OFA is

35.00 for hips only

35.00 elbows only

40.00 for both hips and elbows

3 dogs from same litter (hips and elbows) $90.00 for all 3. This is wonderful for breeders who are using lateral pedigrees on hips and elbows and great for owners at only $30.00 per dog for hip and elbow scoring.

They will take digital (email) xrays.

Dogs can be awake for xrays.

Final results at 2 years of age, can get prelim results at earlier age.

Been looking at Cornell, which seems to be growing in popularity.

It is a consultation service for any orthopedic problems. Hips and elbows are given normal (= to OFA Excellent, Good or Fair) or abnormal status and a full detailed written report is included.

$50.00, there is a form on line, they also take digital email xrays, dogs can be awake.

The vet has to sign a declaration on the form to the AVA that states the X-Ray was taken under GA.

Wyburn's form does not have this on there and he is happy to score them without. Our vets never use GA (unless the owner requests it) if the dog will stay still for them and therefore send them all to Wyburn. One of mine that refused to held down was knocked out but my others have been done without.

Thanks, I hope Dr Lavelle will do it without GA.