Advice On Bichon Breeders In Wa

Theresadn88

Hi, there, I'm just after a bit of help :bottom:

I'm currently awaiting for a litter of Bichon to be born from a breeder listed on the Canine Association of WA. That should already tell me that that is a reputable breeder, but I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has purchased a dog from them. They're in Southern River and (via research) it appears they also own a dog kennel. This freaked me out at first because I imagined puppy mills but I'm sure they just have a business in housing dogs when their owners are away.

I guess I'm just looking for anyone else who's had puppies from them for assurance. And also because they're not very prompt at returning my emails, but should I expect a few days between emails. I had to call them up once after 3 days of waiting for a reply. She did apologise for not getting back to my email, but is this what I should expect?

Thanks

Theresa

Hi Theresa

am not sure who you mean, but keep in mind, if there is a litter of puppies there, the breeder probably has quite a bit more to do and might not be able to get to her emails quickly. if you are unsure, just give them a call and speak to them. if the litter isn't there yet, ask if its possible to come around and see her dogs, or if she goes to any shows that you can come down to to have a chat.

A breeder listed on the CAWA listings does not mean that they are a reputable breeder, unfortunately... however based on what you say, being in southern river does not necessarily mean puppy farm! The Southern River area and some canning vale areas are both kennel zones and as such, a lot of breeders live there because its virtually impossible to have a kennel if you can't have more than two dogs in normal suburbia.

good luck with your new puppy.

Can't help you with Bishons as they are not my breed but I know many breeders have boarding kennels in Southern River. Doesn't mean they are puppy mills. Have you been down to the Shows? Thats probably the best place to meet a few breeders.

Hi, there, I'm just after a bit of help :bottom:

I'm currently awaiting for a litter of Bichon to be born from a breeder listed on the Canine Association of WA. That should already tell me that that is a reputable breeder, but I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has purchased a dog from them. They're in Southern River and (via research) it appears they also own a dog kennel. This freaked me out at first because I imagined puppy mills but I'm sure they just have a business in housing dogs when their owners are away.

I guess I'm just looking for anyone else who's had puppies from them for assurance. And also because they're not very prompt at returning my emails, but should I expect a few days between emails. I had to call them up once after 3 days of waiting for a reply. She did apologise for not getting back to my email, but is this what I should expect?

Thanks

Theresa

Thanks to the both of you :laugh: Yeah I suppose I'm just new to all this and was looking for some reassurance. Everything you both said about boarding kennels down in Southern River makes sense haha. Thanks for your help

Bedazzled, I haven't been to any shows before but that's a good idea. If this person doesnt work out I'll go out hunting for more Bichon :bottom:

As far as im aware non of the Bichon breeders that pay to advertise on the dogs west site show there dogs.

Ther is only a small handful that do.

Rick & Kathryn Berwick Dupunche

Mrs Morgan caranmor

Ann LEPOMPADOUR (bunbury)

Denise Carleton fyrail ( i think she still breeds them )

Sandy Pa;;eir (forgotten her kennel name)

Not all show regulary either living country,being older ,having young kids but the above is the main group of breeders who show & breed .

As mentioned the Kennel zone is a designated area where by law we can have more than 2 dogs.not everyone runs kennels they live out here because of the extra dog limits(our neighbours have no dogs)

As for the breeder not rep[lying promptly i don't see a big deal especially if they have already acknowledged you in other replies.

People need to appreciate that being a dog breeder doesn't equate to an email business & most dog people still have full time jobs,children & other things to do.

If you find phoning gets you a better response then just phone .

We always try & reply promptly but sometimes the questions asked in emails are the type that requie alot of back n forth & often you have to keep going back to check what has been said.

The main thing you need to find out is if they health test there stock

As far as im aware non of the Bichon breeders that pay to advertise on the dogs west site show there dogs.

Ther is only a small handful that do.

Rick & Kathryn Berwick Dupunche

Mrs Morgan caranmor

Ann LEPOMPADOUR (bunbury)

Denise Carleton fyrail ( i think she still breeds them )

Sandy Pa;;eir (forgotten her kennel name)

Not all show regulary either living country,being older ,having young kids but the above is the main group of breeders who show & breed .

As mentioned the Kennel zone is a designated area where by law we can have more than 2 dogs.not everyone runs kennels they live out here because of the extra dog limits(our neighbours have no dogs)

As for the breeder not rep[lying promptly i don't see a big deal especially if they have already acknowledged you in other replies.

People need to appreciate that being a dog breeder doesn't equate to an email business & most dog people still have full time jobs,children & other things to do.

If you find phoning gets you a better response then just phone .

We always try & reply promptly but sometimes the questions asked in emails are the type that requie alot of back n forth & often you have to keep going back to check what has been said.

The main thing you need to find out is if they health test there stock

That has been a LOT of help! It's true about that emailing thing, I think I'm just a bit anxious. Thanks for all these other names! I've emailed some and I'll call some tomorrow at a reasonable time instead of tonight so looks like I'm getting closer and closer to getting my pup.

Thanks for your help everyone!