Bowen For Dogs

rivergem

Hi,

I am currently researching different Bowen technique/therapy courses as I am looking to start a course later in the year (gathering after all my research I still want to invest in the course - which I'm sure I will :o

Does anyone have any advice - either those that have studied and/or practised Bowen or those that have booked it for their pets and have feedback on it's effectiveness.

I am just wanting to make sure I have looked at all options to ensure I make the right choice.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited for spelling

Edited by rivergem

You could try Robyn.

I recently did a Bowen course, along with Robyn, which was run by a lady in Melbourne.

Robyn can give you some info about its effectiveness and some of the recommended trainers.

Robyn Larson-Shelton

Equine Miracle and Pet Miracle

Restoring Movement and Health to All Animals

0431 387 787

R

My old girl (who is 14) has been having bowen for the last 5 or 6 years - every 8 weeks to begin with and every 6 weeks now. She loves it - gets so excited when we turn off the main road heading towards the house. However, she has been extra lame of late and at her last treatment we discussed the fact that bowen may no longer be helpful.

I have since tried accupuncture with her and I believe this is helping, but because of her age - it will never be a cure just something to help her get around for as long as possible.

I tried bowen on one of my young kids many years ago (same lady who treats my oldie) however his injury was fairly bad and bowen didn't provide any relief or help. From memory we had 4 or 5 treatments.

Hi Rivergem :cry:

Im looking to do the exact same thing myself - and have got some preliminary info on courses available. I am actually going to give that info to my human bowen therapist - who is formally qualified and a practising teacher and get her feedback on the quality of the course. I understand whilst the technique is basially same - with the different structure between humans and dogs its better to do a small animal course after learning the basic moves. It has gotten a bit confusing as there seems to be so many different ways of learning - some are informal and then other courses available where you get an actual qualification and can be registered as such. Obviously there is a cost factor in that - and if I go down that path - I want to make sure I choose the right one.

Im happy to share whatever info I can find out - you can pm me if you like.

Cheers

You could try Robyn.

I recently did a Bowen course, along with Robyn, which was run by a lady in Melbourne.

Robyn can give you some info about its effectiveness and some of the recommended trainers.

Robyn Larson-Shelton

Equine Miracle and Pet Miracle

Restoring Movement and Health to All Animals

0431 387 787

R

Thanks for this info Raelene!! I googled and found her website so am looking through it now. Will send her an email :cry:

How did you find the course?

My old girl (who is 14) has been having bowen for the last 5 or 6 years - every 8 weeks to begin with and every 6 weeks now. She loves it - gets so excited when we turn off the main road heading towards the house. However, she has been extra lame of late and at her last treatment we discussed the fact that bowen may no longer be helpful.

I have since tried accupuncture with her and I believe this is helping, but because of her age - it will never be a cure just something to help her get around for as long as possible.

I tried bowen on one of my young kids many years ago (same lady who treats my oldie) however his injury was fairly bad and bowen didn't provide any relief or help. From memory we had 4 or 5 treatments.

It is great to get first hand feedback/experiences so thanks :cry: Hope your old girl goes well with the acupuncture into the future.

I have booked my 2 year old Lab in for his first Bowen session next week and am excited to see how it goes. I have read through quite a lot of info on it so far and whilst I understand it can not be looked at as a miracle cure type thing - I believe there is so much possibilty and capacity within the therapy for healing and health, and have also read a lot of successful case studies.

Edited by rivergem

My dogs go every 4/6 weeks & have done so for over 4 years,

My oldest would not be able to walk without it.

The person i use is very experienced but also has a good eye for animals as well plus i am very on the ball with issues i see & get them attended to or discuss those concerns with the person i use

I partially completed a human Bowen course. The course was run by Bowtech. Bowtech claims to be the original Bowen technique as it has been formulated by Oswald & Elaine Rentsch who were both friends & students of Tom Bowen for many years. Tom was a very private man, wrote nothing down, but allowed the Rentsch's to formulate his technique so that others could learn his skills.

There are many versions of Bowen, but having researched widely before undertaking the course, I sincerely believe that Bowtech is the best model & closest to Tom Bowen's technique.

Ccmrt is the small animal version of Bowtech. Details of courses etc are on the Equine muscle release therapy website here.

Unfortunately I was unable to finish the course due to time restraints. The prac work is quite demanding with many hours needing to be clocked up. At some stage I will go back & finish - Bowen has certainly given myself & partner much relief, & although only partially trained in the human stuff, I have also tried moves on our pets & horses. Our foals, in particular the newborns, have benefited greatly.

I partially completed a human Bowen course. The course was run by Bowtech. Bowtech claims to be the original Bowen technique as it has been formulated by Oswald & Elaine Rentsch who were both friends & students of Tom Bowen for many years. Tom was a very private man, wrote nothing down, but allowed the Rentsch's to formulate his technique so that others could learn his skills.

There are many versions of Bowen, but having researched widely before undertaking the course, I sincerely believe that Bowtech is the best model & closest to Tom Bowen's technique.

Ccmrt is the small animal version of Bowtech. Details of courses etc are on the Equine muscle release therapy website here.

Unfortunately I was unable to finish the course due to time restraints. The prac work is quite demanding with many hours needing to be clocked up. At some stage I will go back & finish - Bowen has certainly given myself & partner much relief, & although only partially trained in the human stuff, I have also tried moves on our pets & horses. Our foals, in particular the newborns, have benefited greatly.

This is some similar advice I have heard - that the Ccmrt is most closely linked with what Tom Bowen was practising for humans. I have had a look through the websites and emailed for more info.

It can be a bit confusing sometimes to know the best path to follow - but the more research I do, the clearer it seems to be :(