Litters Due In April 2011

Bilbo Baggins

LOTG hows your girl doing?? any signs?

No signs just yet. She had a lower temp by 1 degree this morning, but it is a pretty cold morning and she's had a low am temp before and it came back up, so we'll wait and sew what she's looking like later on.

I hope she doesn't go tonight, I have an overnight counselling shift... but if I have to cancel, I have to cancel as long as she's showing signs before I leave!

well lets hope she either decide to have them earlier and lets ya know :shrug: or leaves it till tomorrow ;)

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No signs just yet. She had a lower temp by 1 degree this morning, but it is a pretty cold morning and she's had a low am temp before and it came back up, so we'll wait and sew what she's looking like later on.

I hope she doesn't go tonight, I have an overnight counselling shift... but if I have to cancel, I have to cancel as long as she's showing signs before I leave!

well lets hope she either decide to have them earlier and lets ya know :shrug: or leaves it till tomorrow ;)

Fingers crossed ;)

Hubby will be home with her and will have SpikesPuppy's phone number on hand if she does start showing signs. I'll have to have my phone off but will check it every couple of hours. We should be fine.

So sorry for the loss of your little ones 'Got Nuthin." It sounds like it was a huge ordeal for you, mum and pups. Glad the rest are doing fine. All over 500g is a lot for a dog to carry and so sorry to hear it is her first and last litter.

My girl is getting huge and is very uncomfortable although can still jump on to the bed I have set up in the whelping room for when I sleep in there, which will be in a night or 2 as she is due on Saturday. Temp is still normal, no drop, although by the size of her I expect she will go on time or even a bit earlier. She had a bit of creamy very pale yellow/green discharge (only a smear) last night, I have never noticed this before in my other girls, should I be worried? I am ringing the vet this morning when they open, otherwise she is normal, happy, eating, just waddling around.

Good luck Michelle, hope all is well with your girl. Our litter due on the 20th, showing at the Royal on Saturday, fly to Adelaide on Sunday (son swimming at Nationals) back on Tuesday - hopefully she will keep everything together till I get home!! OH will be home with her, he has whelped the last three litters with me, and I have another lab breeder on stand by! I will be a nervous wreck until I get home!

Fingers crossed ;)

Hubby will be home with her and will have SpikesPuppy's phone number on hand if she does start showing signs. I'll have to have my phone off but will check it every couple of hours. We should be fine.

everything crossed :laugh: well thats good to have that on backup..

we will have to catch up at a show with our babies when their old enough !!!

everything crossed :shrug: well thats good to have that on backup..

we will have to catch up at a show with our babies when their old enough !!!

That would be awesome ;) I can't believe that in just over 12 weeks these babies will be in the ring ;)

Lola only ate half of her breakfast this morning and still has a temp of 36.4 down from 37.5 yesterday.

Good luck Michelle, hope all is well with your girl. Our litter due on the 20th, showing at the Royal on Saturday, fly to Adelaide on Sunday (son swimming at Nationals) back on Tuesday - hopefully she will keep everything together till I get home!! OH will be home with her, he has whelped the last three litters with me, and I have another lab breeder on stand by! I will be a nervous wreck until I get home!

My girl is fine, she is acting very normal and her temp hasn't dropped, I don't really expect her to go much before Friday or Saturday (her due date from first mating), she could even hold out until next week sometime. She is huge though and is staying by my side most of the time. She wants to nest, but not in the box, she chewed the side of the bed next to her whelping box trying to get under it! The slight discharge from last night is gone. I love getting on here and finding out how everyone is going with their litters, but it can be a bit frightening when you read others misfortune, and then makes me a little paranoid I think!

You will be very busy! Good luck at the Royal, who are you showing? Hope your son does well at the swimming Nationals. Best of luck with this litter!

We had puppies born in the early hours of this morning.

It was an awful ordeal for my girl Indi, who ended up with huge stuck puppies. We ended up at the emergency after hours vet an hour away. I had to take the kids, 2, 4 and 8, as OH was at work and couldn't leave (as he was the supervisor). The first pups head was stuck, and was eventually removed as we were on the verge of a c-section. I was shocked to find that it was still alive. Pups 2 and 3 were born naturally, and were also enormous. 3 was alittle slow to get breathingNumber 4 had to be removed by the vet and took 15 mins to get breathing. (excellent vet) Number 5 was breach, and stuck. Took 2 vets to get it out, but could not be revived. Last 2 by c-section, one saved, the other not as the placenta had ruptured.

Uterus had also ruptured so this is Indi's first and last litter. She is by far my nicest dog, so that is a little disappointing, but at least she is ok.

So we have 5 black puppies. 3 girls, 2 boys. 1 girl and 1 boy lost. All weighing over 500g. :thumbsup:

Mum took a while with the pups, but is now doing an excellent job with them, and they are all feeding well. :laugh:

Been up since 6am Sat, so I'm buggered. :eek:

Wow that would have been so scary for you!! glad mum and pups are doing well though.

So, is doing an xray a good idea?? Nima is due this Saturday the 16, I was thinking of getting an xray....

I got them because it's my first litter and I'm a bit nervous, but as an added bonus I now have these awesome images:

HOLY CRAP THEY ARE HUGE! Is that the normal size of a puppy??? (New breeder here too)

So, is doing an xray a good idea?? Nima is due this Saturday the 16, I was thinking of getting an xray....

I got them because it's my first litter and I'm a bit nervous, but as an added bonus I now have these awesome images:

HOLY CRAP THEY ARE HUGE! Is that the normal size of a puppy??? (New breeder here too)

LOL!! That was about my reaction... I've been told they are a bit big being only twinsies... but apparently still ok to go au naturale.