Supercoat Dry Food

dixilee

I would feed Bonnie Working Dog over Supercoat, but make sure to feed extras like fish, raw meats and bones too.

I used to try out a different brand of dry puppy food with every litter, to see which is best. They did not thrive on Pedigree, Bonnie puppy or Eukanuba, Supercoat, Eagle Pack and Royal Canin gave them the runs, (even though i feed Royal Canin to my adults) then i tried a litter on Advance Rehydratable and it was so fantastic i have stopped trying other brands and have done 3 litters on Advance now. My current litter was weaned onto Artemis Osopure power formula because due to circumstances they had to be looked after by 2 amazing ladies for a week, so ive kept them on that, but will be sticking with Advance for future litters

My ancient horse did well on coprice. I'd probably try that ahead of supercoat, and I'd feed supercoat ahead of hills science diet. Hills has really good marketing but their ingredient list shows them up for sawdust merchants (in my opininon).

Mostly I feed nutro natural choice because I can afford it (in bulk) and she does well on it like she doesn't on advance. If I changed I'd look at something like Artemis or an Australian made equivalent.

I also make my own dog food casserole, stew of mince + vege + rice + bran + oats. The brown rice means I always know which dog turd belongs to my dog.

I know lots of people who use the Coprice, and they now have a puppy version. Many have even commented that the dogs were calmer on it. If your not happy with the protein levels just supplement with chicken frames etc.

I find Advance like rocket fuel, never liked the idea of paying a premium for Hills Science Diet when the main ingredient isn't even meat and wouldnt touch any of the Pedigree range.

Long term I have mainly fed Pro Plan with no issues, and if money was tight then I would go to KMart and buy Optimum in bulk bags (cheaper than Coles or Woolies!)

Next choice would be the Coprice, with chicken added to the diet. No cereal byproduct, no preservatives, colours or flavourings :cry:

Back to the Supercoat, when I looked at the ingredients of it ages ago, I thought that the puppy product was quite good. If I was feeding Supercoat I'd be giving my adults the puppy formula. From memory, meat was the main ingredient in the puppy formula and cereal was the main ingredient in the adult formulas.

Edited by Jakemon

Hi i feed Shelley my female golden retriever bonnie adult complete/ Shelley is doing well on bonnie. I have tryed chum,dog pro,coprice,great barko. Shelley liked the chum but it made her poos a bit sloopy, She would eat the coprice but didn't like it, Great barko she use to like but now won't touch it, dog pro she hated took one bite and walked away.

When i first got her she was on pro plan food she acted like she was straving all the time and her poos were sloopy on that food. So i'm sticking with Bonnie adult complete as my dog does well on it. I also give beef,chicken,turkey bones once a week.

• 1 month later...

lol tastewise my Puppy will go after Bodies Bonnie working dog over his own puppy supercoat ever time!! I went overseas for 4 weeks last year and i couldnt get a bonnie working dog for my dog sitter to use only the bonnie complete appartently he didnt like it at all and wouldnt eat much at all :laugh: damn fussy dogs

I feed supercoat over bonnie, my dogs do better on it, and the cats get supercoat too

I do also feed plenty of raw meaty bones, sardines, yoghurt, chicken frames and rabbit and roo when I can source it

same here

My foster dogs just pooed everywhere when they were on bonnie the kibble was just that big for working breed one they didn't like it at all compared to supercoat, if i had a choice it would be supercoat from the store, but i really wouldn't touch them for my own dogs.

If you dog can handle raw i would go with making your own BARF type diet with all the veggies fruit etc better for them, then all the fillers by-products and meal that are in those brands.