Dry Foods

My Husky has recently been changed over from ProPlan puppy chicken and rice to ProPlan adult chicken and rice. I don't think she likes it, because she's eating a LOT slower than normal and if she knows the puppy is being fed her old puppy food at the same time, she'll try and get inside to get the puppy's food instead of her own. Last night it took her twenty minutes to eat her dinner, and the dogs were fed at different times. Normally it would only take 5 minutes.

I THINK that the reason she doesn't like it is because of the bigger pieces. We're thinking of changing her over to ProPlan Lamb and Rice to see if a taste change will make a difference, but I have a feeling it won't. Can anyone recommend an adult kibble that has smaller pieces?

My Sasha won't eat the Advance for Large breed dogs either for the same reason - she doesn't like the big kibble pieces. So I have her on the Adult All Breed, and she wolfs it down.

Can't put big kibble in that dainty mouth now can we? :kissbetter:

I'm interested to change to Black Hawk for Sasha myself - but am hesitant as it took so long to find something that agreed with her...

My Sasha won't eat the Advance for Large breed dogs either for the same reason - she doesn't like the big kibble pieces. So I have her on the Adult All Breed, and she wolfs it down.

Can't put big kibble in that dainty mouth now can we? :kissbetter:

I'm interested to change to Black Hawk for Sasha myself - but am hesitant as it took so long to find something that agreed with her...

We're the same, Akira has a really sensitive belly and she does well on ProPlan. She did really well on Supercoat before that as well.