Hillsborough Obedience Club

Beauie

Wondering if someone can give me some information about this club - when can one enrol their dog, how long does the lessons go for & price.

Greatly appreciate any & all info - many thanks

Edited by Beauie

Wondering if someone can give me some information about this club - when can one enrol their dog, how long does the lessons go for & price.

Greatly appreciate any & all info - many thanks

first sunday of the month except january, is enrolling day.

Best to go the sunday before and do all the forms it is much easier and less stress with out your dog.

Your dog must be vaccinated and up to date, if your dog is on heat they are not allowed to go until they are finished

ummm..

class starts at 10 am every sunday, dogs must be on lead and under controll

umm i think $20 a year for a single person training the dog and then every time you go it is $3 which includes three sessions which are about 20-30 minutes per session depending on weather and instructors available etc

any thing else ? :champagne:

Beginner class sizes can be very large, 20 or so dogs in a class. As you go up in grades the numbers drop off. Different instructor for each session so you may get variations in teaching methods too from the different instructors.

Thanks so much for all the info - hope to see you up there at the begining of March (if not too hot).

Any other info you wish to share is most welcomed - big classes is just what we want.

Thanks again - happy training :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for all the info - hope to see you up there at the begining of March (if not too hot).

Any other info you wish to share is most welcomed - big classes is just what we want.

Thanks again - happy training :laugh:

IWH doing obedience......???? Awesome if it is :shhh:!!!!

Thanks again - happy training :love:

IWH doing obedience......???? Awesome if it is :)!!!!

Yep :) Hi Hunterhound, wanting to get our young girl out & about again & OB will be great for her.

She attended last year at a local, small OB club and has come on well but I am wanting more people & dogs around her - NABDTC sounds just the thing for her......Joining up in a few weeks time.

How's all your lovely droolers :) - maybe we should take this private now :(

Thanks again - happy training :)

IWH doing obedience......???? Awesome if it is :(!!!!

excellent! - I've seen only 1 another pure IWH at Sunday's training before and an IWHx (Porsha) sometimes attends with her sister Olive (Deerhound) .... your dog will be the centre of attention I'm sure

If she wants some GSP boys to play with let me know my older boy is smitten with the larger hounds cause they can outrun him (and there isn't many other dogs that can)!

excellent! - I've seen only 1 another pure IWH at Sunday's training before and an IWHx (Porsha) sometimes attends with her sister Olive (Deerhound) .... your dog will be the centre of attention I'm sure

If she wants some GSP boys to play with let me know my older boy is smitten with the larger hounds cause they can outrun him (and there isn't many other dogs that can)!

Hi FionaC, had spoken to Wayne of NABDTC and he was most helpful - look forward to enrolling and will likely bring our girl's brother, as it won't hurt him to learn a thing or two also :)

Look forward to meeting you & others there in a couple of weeks - guess you might recognise us first :laugh:

Must be very exciting having a new pup to train.

There happens to be a agiltiy comp on the weekend of the 5th and 6th March. Plenty of dogs to see that weekend.

I don't live in Newcastle but if I did I would definitely join up.

when they have trial obedience/agility there is no obedience classes on the grounds normally they will either have lower classes come and do it on the show side or another day. As they don't like dogs being near the agility/ obedience rings etc.

I think that the Newie trial weekend is also a show weekend over on the front side if thats the case then there will be no training on at all that Sunday - its going to be a massive weekend then - although once I remember they put the beginners class down on the bottom oval - I've never known them to move the training to another day though? Wed night classes are still only for the more advanced levels up is my understanding? ... best to call them to make sure anyway

We will be there for the agility trial on the Sunday, I think the OH will be stewarding at least 1 day and we'll be there with both our boys

Last year on the Sunday the obedience training was going on down below the agility.

I couldn't resisit looking at the dogs. It seemed very organised thou I think the people were probably starting out in obedience.

Must be disappointing if training gets canned for trials to go on.

I think they ran the beginner classes in the lower ring at that last agility trial (German Shepherd Ring). if there is a dog show on the same weekend that ring is often used now for showing. There's also usually a lot of campers/vans around that ring so it can be a bit distracting for a lot of dogs.

Look forward to seeing you around the club Beauie. I've got a mad Koolie who thinks everyone is her new best friend!

I think they ran the beginner classes in the lower ring at that last agility trial (German Shepherd Ring). if there is a dog show on the same weekend that ring is often used now for showing. There's also usually a lot of campers/vans around that ring so it can be a bit distracting for a lot of dogs.

Look forward to seeing you around the club Beauie. I've got a mad Koolie who thinks everyone is her new best friend!

Vice versa Jigsaw, look forward to seeing you also & your sweet Koolie gal :) (well she sounds like a real sweetie)

Vice versa Jigsaw, look forward to seeing you also & your sweet Koolie gal :laugh: (well she sounds like a real sweetie)

she is a real sweetheart! my older boy has a crush on her! :confused:

yeah it is usually only the beginner classes that continue in the lower ring when the agility trial is on - the higher classes get cancelled - there are only 2 agility trials per year and maybe 3-4 obedience ones so its not that often training is cancelled

Jigsaw - we'll be seeing you guys again soon, its time to bring Archie back into class so we're coming back to Sunday mornings probably from April onwards as we're swamped for most of March ....

there is agility held at the same place the obedience is held, behind the showground in warners bay there are a few different volunteer instructors/teachers who also compete on regualr trials. Normally they have begginers for dogs 12 months and older go to learn on a saturday morning all the basics then wednesday nights they do more advanced work normally around 7:30pm sometimes eariler and sometimes they have starters that night too.

not sure if it is the best? but the only one around in the newcastle area that i know of.

I haven't been to agility training for a long while so I'm not sure who's there on Sat mornings! FionaC may know more. I do know of someone who was doing agility intro privately if you're interested. I think Cessnock also has agility training for beginners on a Wed night.

Raymond Terrace has agility training too don't they?

We haven't been doing the Sat mornings this year .... the OH went to the last gathering on the Wed night before Christmas but that was the last we'd been there - Morty is doing drive traning program so its hard to do both at the same time .. ...