Ultrasound At 23 Days - Pregnancy Not Confirmed 

Delviktar

Had an ultrasound last night to confirm if in whelp. This was 23 days from last tie. We couldn't see anything and we will be having another ultrasound at 30 days. Has anyone else not had a result by day 23 ultrasound? Is there a chance she is pregnant?

Depending on your vets machine you may have scanned too early. Give it another 1-2 weeks and you will see puppies if she is pregnant. My vet does not like to scan until between 5-6wks. Good luck :D

We also ultrasound closer to 5 weeks when they actually look like puppies.

There is a blood test that can show if a bitch is pregnant or not. I have only done it after 28 days but probably had that time in my head because of ultrasound after the 28 days. The blood test took about 5 minutes in the surgery to get a result, the vet is satisfied with its accuracy and the cost was a lot less than ultrasound. I have had a false negative on ultrasound, missed a single pup, Had it been found we would have had a caesar, as it was we lost the pup from a very special girl. I haven't been able to get her in whelp since. Gablehaus

There is a blood test that can show if a bitch is pregnant or not. I have only done it after 28 days but probably had that time in my head because of ultrasound after the 28 days. The blood test took about 5 minutes in the surgery to get a result, the vet is satisfied with its accuracy and the cost was a lot less than ultrasound. I have had a false negative on ultrasound, missed a single pup, Had it been found we would have had a caesar, as it was we lost the pup from a very special girl. I haven't been able to get her in whelp since. Gablehaus

Our vet only charges about $50 for an ultrasound, with no consult fee. What does the blood test cost ?