Dog Cologne

HugUrPup

There used to be a dog perfume spray that I could get at the supermarket in a red bottle and it was only around $5.

I can't remember what it's called.

Does anyone know which one I mean and does anyone know where I can get it? I've been looking everywhere.

It smells really good.

If it has a red heart on the front of a white bottle I have a bottle of I Love My Pet Doggy in the tropical scent. I think it's full or almost full. You're welcome to it if that's the one you're looking for. I had quite a few varieites of dog cologne but threw most of them out. I kept the Tropical one though because it smells too nice to bin it. I still have another one called Very Berry that smells lovely but the plastic top thing has gone missing. The spray is intact but it would leak if I posted it.

I use Hamish McBeth Coconut and Jasmine now. I love the smell of coconut.

just wondering if you use the cologne because your dog stinks?? :)

Gemma is a very very smelly dog. She starts to smell day or so after a bath.

My whole house is now Odour De Gem!!

I've never known a dog to be this bad. I have never used cologne though.

Does it mask the doggie smell? She gets a bit itchy in summer would it make it worse do you think?

just wondering if you use the cologne because your dog stinks?? :confused:

Does it mask the doggie smell? She gets a bit itchy in summer would it make it worse do you think?

Perhaps a skin condition is causing the odour? One place to start is to look at what you're feeding.

just wondering if you use the cologne because your dog stinks?? :confused:

Might be her anal glands, ear infection or skin issue.. it's a vet trip case ;)

Miley had full anal glands.. stopped her butt dragging after I emptied them, but the smell was still there. I sniffed around her and realised it was her ears. They were full of wax, so I bought some dog ear drops.. no wax now, but still the smell. She's going on antibiotics next week when I have the cash as she has an infection.

I just like the smell of this cologne :confused:

CavnRott I'd love to buy the tropical one off you thanks ;)

PS: Don't know what Miley thinks of it because I haven't perfected doggy speak yet. :o

Nah! I don't want any money for it. PM me your details and I'll post it off to you when I can get to the post office. I have a dodgy knee at the moment and have to stay off it as much as possible.

Are you allowed to send dog cologne through the post? I know we can't post perfume. I guess if they don't know what the post bag contains they can't do much about it.

I just like the smell of this cologne :confused:

CavnRott I'd love to buy the tropical one off you thanks ;)

PS: Don't know what Miley thinks of it because I haven't perfected doggy speak yet. :o

Nah! I don't want any money for it. PM me your details and I'll post it off to you when I can get to the post office. I have a dodgy knee at the moment and have to stay off it as much as possible.

Are you allowed to send dog cologne through the post? I know we can't post perfume. I guess if they don't know what the post bag contains they can't do much about it.

I didn't know about the perfume.. I got perfume oil sent to me a few weeks ago from the UK and it was open and inspected and sent still.

HugUrPup

I dont think its anal glands or ears unfortunately I think its skin.

My last dog had skin problems her whole life and I tried so many different things.

She didnt smell though :laugh:

Is it a skin infection your girl needs antibiotics for?

just wondering if you use the cologne because your dog stinks?? :laugh:

Perhaps a skin condition is causing the odour? One place to start is to look at what you're feeding.

when I got her last year (aged 4) she wouldnt eat any hard food including kibble.

I think she had been fed only tinned before

I gradually changed her diet.

Still doesnt like kibble I've tried several different ones but will eat chicken necks, wings, bones, meat and a little rice and veggies. I think you're right its a skin issue though as it seems to be 'all over'

Is there anything (like food or a supplement) I could try?

Have you had bloods checked (including thyroid)? Diet sounds ok'ish to me, although I don't think rice is necessary.

Does the skin have tendancies towards being oily; scurfy; ?

I'd be looking at medical first and have things ruled out, or you could find yourself spending a small fortune on food changes etc. Then (subject to the blood results) I'd be looking at isolating singular proteins and working methodically through those.

But that's me. I'm not a Vet and I can only tell you from my own experience.

Edited by Erny

Have you had bloods checked (including thyroid)? Diet sounds ok'ish to me, although I don't think rice is necessary.

Does the skin have tendancies towards being oily; scurfy; ?

I'd be looking at medical first and have things ruled out, or you could find yourself spending a small fortune on food changes etc. Then (subject to the blood results) I'd be looking at isolating singular proteins and working methodically through those.

But that's me. I'm not a Vet and I can only tell you from my own experience.

i second ernys suggestions.

does gemma have any other health issues? ears, eyes etc. check the condition of her skin, flakey, normal, greasy, flakey and greasy, is her fur soft and healthy or rough and breaks easily?

what is her odour like??? sortof wet mouse/dog smell??

helen

Helen, not sure how to describe the smell just strong dog smell. She was like this when I got her last year.

Her breath used to smell fishy but its getting better with the bones she's eating.

Her coat seems normal. Her skin gets a bit moist and she goes red underneath if she's been at the park/walking on grass and it takes a while to go back to normal colour. She also seems allergic to fleas so I go over her eveyday with a flea comb as well as frontline.

When i got her she was not itchy or red that started in the spring and is now calming down so its seasonal.