Oldfield Hose Replacement

Mystiqview

I have just recently upgraded my SD1000 to a heated model (with the thanks of my electrician father).

I know I can buy replacement hoses from Oldfield and other major pet grooming supplies.

I bought a thermopastic hose yesterday, well, lets just say it has a lovely voice to it from the air rushing through it. $100 down the drain :thumbsup:

It does work, but both myself and the dog will need to wear ear muffs.

Need a new hose ASAP and I will not be able to get one up from any of the general grooming suppliers in time. (IE: before weekend)

Can anyone tell me what the hose is to take the heater? The hose that came with the SD1000 is not suitable for the heated version.

I know it looks like vacuum cleaner hose or hose similar to that used in pools. Does anyone know what it is called to go to any of the hose people here in Brisbane?

The noise from your hose is due to the corrugations on the inside. The hose you have is for suction. Dryer hose has a smoother bore and this elimates turbulence and hence noise.

Yeah I figured that when I attached it.

Not something I thought of when I bought the ducting from Tony Powell. I thought of the heating requirement part. :rainbowbridge:

I managed to get some express post from Clipper World in Melbourne. Hopefully it will get here tomorrow.