Moron Dog Owners

Remarkabull

saying 'that would be right, vets don't have a clue either, every time my daughter takes her dog to the vet it comes back with whooping cough'. I told her she probably meant kennel cough and maybe her daughter should vaccinate the dog? That's when she went to punch me ;)

rofl :(

Yes you got it right.

She was pretty mad when I told her she shouldn't have a dog ;) . I was so angry at her attitude and I should probably have shut up myself but I hate bullies and that is what she was trying to do to this other guy (the poor mans wife and 3 kids were on the other side of the road watching this go on). I guess acting like that has worked in the past for her and she thought it would work again and she got even angrier when it backfired and I didn't back off in fear.

I still can't believe that no one had stopped to help them before me. There were cars driving past and people walking by just watching it happen. I would have thought that someone would have at least called a ranger or the police :(

There are so many clueless people out there it's scary!

I think you said it all, when you said this, this is probably the reason, no one had stopped. You probably find, someone had tried and she'd chased them away! WELL DONE!

That's horrible Aussielover,if you know the house can you report the guy? Awful that the dog is skinny and running in the road.

As to the others they sound horrendous, I hope the dog that got attacked makes a good recovery. We have the same issue here,my girl has just had major surgery and after 5 weeks of crating and being confined to the house she can finally go for 5 minute lead walks.

I walked her up the street last night but about halfway up a JRT came flying out of driveway and rushed at her,Issy is normally very social and calm with other dogs but is a bit over the top due to confinement and lack of exercise,I stood between them as the JRT was snapping at her and she was starting to look like she would retaliate I fended of the JRT with my foot and yelled for the owner who eventually came ambling out ,only to give me a mouthful about having aggressive dogs out in public??????

I told her in no uncertain terms that Issy was onlead,under control and not aggressive usually but her dog was unrestrained,on a public road and very aggressive,added a few other words I can't repeat here.... her response?

The classic,"he's only little , he won't bite,he's just playing blah blah blah" I didn't hear any more just interrupted her to say just get hold of the bl**dy thing will you and then walked off in disbelief,it really annoys me that these idiots won't take responsibility and restrain their dogs. She continued to shout abuse as I walked away,needless to say I didn't go that way tonight!

That's horrible Aussielover,if you know the house can you report the guy? Awful that the dog is skinny and running in the road.

As to the others they sound horrendous, I hope the dog that got attacked makes a good recovery. We have the same issue here,my girl has just had major surgery and after 5 weeks of crating and being confined to the house she can finally go for 5 minute lead walks.

I walked her up the street last night but about halfway up a JRT came flying out of driveway and rushed at her,Issy is normally very social and calm with other dogs but is a bit over the top due to confinement and lack of exercise,I stood between them as the JRT was snapping at her and she was starting to look like she would retaliate I fended of the JRT with my foot and yelled for the owner who eventually came ambling out ,only to give me a mouthful about having aggressive dogs out in public??????

I told her in no uncertain terms that Issy was onlead,under control and not aggressive usually but her dog was unrestrained,on a public road and very aggressive,added a few other words I can't repeat here.... her response?

The classic,"he's only little , he won't bite,he's just playing blah blah blah" I didn't hear any more just interrupted her to say just get hold of the bl**dy thing will you and then walked off in disbelief,it really annoys me that these idiots won't take responsibility and restrain their dogs. She continued to shout abuse as I walked away,needless to say I didn't go that way tonight!

We had a similiar incident a few weeks ago when daughter and friend were walking our kelpie, JRT comes out from the driveway of a house on the far side of the road, harrasses and then bites our dog (well, nips, but that does not excuse anything), owner comes out and tells the girls off for not controlling their dog( who was on lead and thankfully didnt retaliate at all)and said they should not have walked a dog past her house?! She then demands daughters friend catch her dog and bring it back to her!

Its a bit sad when good girls who have been taught to do as their elders say find that instruction overrides what they have been taught about never approaching strange dogs, getting hands in the way of a fight, or ever doing something they are not confortable with. Happily no one was hurt, but that may only be because this 'lady' coincidentally was not home 30 minutes later when I went a door knockin'

Idiot owners ruin it for the rest.

We had a similiar incident a few weeks ago when daughter and friend were walking our kelpie, JRT comes out from the driveway of a house on the far side of the road, harrasses and then bites our dog (well, nips, but that does not excuse anything), owner comes out and tells the girls off for not controlling their dog( who was on lead and thankfully didnt retaliate at all)and said they should not have walked a dog past her house?! She then demands daughters friend catch her dog and bring it back to her!

It's outrageous, but I have had that too - 2 JRTs running out of a house to charge and nip at my 2 on-lead dogs, owner comes out and calls one dog back succesfully, the other JRT runs off down the street. And the owner stands there wailing at me to go catch her dog. My response wasn't exactly polite, LOL.

It's outrageous, but I have had that too - 2 JRTs running out of a house to charge and nip at my 2 on-lead dogs, owner comes out and calls one dog back succesfully, the other JRT runs off down the street. And the owner stands there wailing at me to go catch her dog. My response wasn't exactly polite, LOL.

That's a bit like when my daughter was riding on the roadside in front of a property and a Kelpie/GSD X runs out of the property barking and snapping at her horse who then rears. The owner comes out and calls his dog and then tells my daughter she should be riding on the reserve across the road and not in front of his place. She replies that this is the way home for her. not through the reserve and his dog should be kept on his property. His response is "My dog, NEVER leaves the property!". "Well I'm certainly not riding on your property am I" responds my daughter who is still on the roadside!