Advertising Puppies

-Megz-

Could I suggest that you make up flyers, with picture of cute puppy and a parent and a little information. With tear off phone number tabs, and go around all the vets within a reasonable distance and also all the petshops, horse shops and livestock stores in your area and ask if you can put the flyer up. This will sometimes help.

Advertising on Gumtree and petlink but emphasis that these are top quality purebreed puppies for the discerning buyer, only suitable to the right homes etc. Even advertising in the Land won't hurt, but you really need to get out and advertise on every medium you can. Even local community radio, if they have a vet spot ring and ask if you can give a talk on pointers and what a great breed they are. You need to market yourself and your dogs, it isn't easy but you will get there.

Best wishes for find the perfect home for these puppies.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stuff - it seems to me that there are always heaps of Pointer litters about - certainly here in NZ at any given time there are.

Some breeders even having 4-6 litters per year - a flooded market must make it darn difficult to sell pups.

In saying that I don't breed til I have a good list of people wanting a pup.This current litter I had 13 buyers (8 wanted dogs!!!) I have 8 bitches LOL.......

But at 5 weeks old - I have sold them all anyway.

I don't advertise anywhere except my website so any orders or enquiries are word of mouth or off the website.

I have a breed that is not all that popular BUT manage to have many hunters keen. Last litter of 8 all went to hunters. This litter is 7 to hunters and 1 to a Vet......

Good Luck with your pups tho Megz.......you have some big names in your breed selling too - prob not a help either.

That's interesting because with my last litter I asked for expressions of interest when the bitch was still in whelp and most of the people who contacted me to go on my list later had sourced puppies from elsewhere or changed their minds about a puppy at this time. It wasn't a problem as I could have sold the babies 4 times each but won't bother doing this again and will only advertise AFTER the litter is born next time. Although in fairness their were a few who stayed with us the whole time and ended up having a puppy.

I found a long period waiting list just meant a lot alot of wasted phone calls for me. :cry: