Noisy Yawning Issue

kyliegirl

OK this might or might not be a strange problem but this is starting to get really annoying and ridiculous.

Echo has this annoying habit of making a howling noise when he yawns, not now and then he does it every time he yawns. Its getting to the point it is driving me insane. He is not stressed, in-fact he shows no other signs of stress and is quite relaxed when he does it. The worst is when he does it at 4-5 am when we are asleep, this morning he did it at least 8 times with the constant howling within the hour, every-time waking us up. My OH said he was doing it since 3am, its really annoying and really disrupting. Its not a quiet yawn its the equivalent of a loud sneezer (the ones who sound like they want the world to know they are sneezing). He did not need to go out to pee either.

How the hell can you stop a dog from making noise when yawning? I am stumped..

Edited by kyliegirl

Can you just say "STOP IT!!!" and get his attention away from making a noise?

Our new girl Shae has a tendency to howl when she's stressed......she did it the first few mornings she was here.....5am....and I'd just tell her to stop it and she did. A few times I've caught her with her mouth wide open and the beginnings of a howl there and I just say "uh uh" and she closes her mouth again.

Astrid does the exact same thing, I wonder if it's a Dobe trait. She only does it when she wakes up from a sleep though, but it's like she wants to let us know she's awake without whining :thumbsup:

eta: It's hard to describe but it's like of like "aaaahhhh-RI-oooooowwwww"

Edited by ravenau1