Am I The Only One?

dandybrush

Well I wouldn't say I worry constantly about the dogs except for the times when we have to go out for a few hours and leave them outside and the weather starts looking unsettled. I worry about them being out in a storm/heavy rain. They do have a kennel each for shelter. Luckily I've always been home when we've had a bad storm so both dogs can come inside.

I do see EVERY little thing that my dogs do tht is not normal - my vet thinks I am a freak because of a couple of the things that I have picked up on. (NOT a freak for taking them in unnecessarily, but for how closely they are monitored.)

I don't worry about anything happening to them while we are out - I do worry about them annoying the neighbours (even though we've had neighbours for 2 years who only last week realised we had dogs. LOL.

I figure that as long as I look after them as well as I can there isn't too much point in worrying as I can only manage what happens as it happens. I don't EVER want them to get hurt, but on the flip side they are sporting dogs so it will happen.

Anyone who was to steal them (and good luck trying with 2 of the 3) would bring them back after a day or two so no worries there either. :confused:

All in all they are my mates and I care about them, but don't worry continually, although in times gone by I was probably verging on that.

All summer I worry they will be home alone when a bushfire comes, then in winter I worry the combustion heater will blow up and set the house alight, I worry they will get stolen( I dont know in my logical moments who would really want them...lol)

I am not usually a worrier but I feel that it is like leaving human toddlers home alone. Funnily enough I dont worry so much about my son, I think it is because he voices any issues he is having and can communicate and I guess I dont leave him home alone :confused:

Ever since Ziva died I have been a big worrier about my dogs. I don't let it turn me into a control freak but I do worry. I have a bit of a hard time letting people walk them without me there because all I can think is that somehow the dogs will get loose and be injured or worse. I try to just suck it up and each time they get walked by somebody without me there, they come back fine but it doesn't ease my worrying. There are certain people I can't bring myself to trust walking the dogs without me and I make sure anyone that does walk them understands the rules (Never to be let off-lead, avoid strange dogs, make sure harness is fitted correctly etc).